OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Got WRT54G v22 & MMC/SD almost working...

The content of this topic has been archived on 10 Feb 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello!

I have almost successfully moded my WRT54G V22 for MMC/SD. Driver loads ok
and can mount MMC, but when writing or doing something more complicated than
'ls -al' on MMC card, WRT54G frezes and I've no other choice than pull the plug.

I've double checked all solderings and wiring. System is stable until I'll access /dev/mmc.
Even cat /proc/partitions will freze WRT.

I've compiled kernel image using HOWTO: 

http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=8543

and tried both standard mmc -driver and optimized.

dmesg says all ok and detects card size etc.

Janne

Since I got it sorted you by researching forum, I thought it would benice to share with others. Problem was finally missing GPIO mask, soldering was after all ok. What I did was "echo "9c" > /proc/diag/gpio. After that 32M and 1 Gb SD card started working like angel with opteamized mmc -driver module that is available on this forum. Before fixing GPIO mask wrt54g v22 didn't really crash but it did run out of memory and did not response for anything for few minutes. However this is all now history and I'm running irssi and lighthttpd on my SD card. This is was afterall quite simple to task and the benefits are superb.

Are you currently using WhiteRussian or Kamikaze ?
as you can see from my posts i'm getting errors with kamikaze and i wonder if someone as already done it with kam., whiterussian works like a charm (for me)

Ben

Sorry I forgot mention that: I'm using Whiterussian 0.9.

Hi, Please don't flame me if I'm posting in the wrong place I have searched the forum for the right place.

I have a WRT54G v2 X board and could somebody tell me exactly where the D0 CLK and DI wires go
I can see the DI is the 1st pin behind RP3 the other 2 wires could be on any to of the 2nd 3rd and 4th pins
on the front of RP3, also can you tell me if I can use a 512MB SD card I'm using dd-wrt v24.
   thanks Freddy

The discussion might have continued from here.