Installing a NFS server
1. Install the unfs3 package (dependencies: portmap)
ipkg install unfs3
2. Change /etc/exports if needed
3. Start the NFS server and enable it on the next boot
/etc/init.d/unfs3 start /etc/init.d/unfs3 enable
Check with 'pidof unfsd' or 'netstat -an' (port 2049 TCP and UDP) if the NFS server is running.
4. Configure /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny (optional)
5. On a Linux NFS client mount the share on the router with e.g.:
sudo mkdir -p /mnt/router sudo mount -t nfs -o ro 192.168.178.3:/mnt/ /mnt/router
Note: I decided to use (ported and packaged) unfs3 because nfs-server and nfs-kernel-server packages didn't worked for me. Later I'll write a config file to configure some options via UCI.
(Last edited by forum2006 on 29 Jul 2007, 02:26)