OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Asterisk 1.4.16 and Zaptel 1.4.7.1

The content of this topic has been archived between 8 Jan 2018 and 23 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Submitted as patch tickets:

https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/2873
  https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/2874

This means that all of the functionality developed in diverse Asterisk repositories (among which mine) is now available again from the standard OpenWRT source repository in the latest Asterisk release 1.4.16 (once the patch is actually applied...). And actually some more because now non-uhci-usb routers can also run ztdummy thus app_meetme.

Hans.

Hi Zandbelt,

Found this flite, festival lite verion from Kamikaze repository. Installed it on my USB key, occupied about 11MB. Tested with text string, it was able to create sound file in wave format.
Would you please help to add in and publish the app_flite module on your repository?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Fall wrote:

Would you please help to add in and publish the app_flite module on your repository?

I had not seen this app before, but it looks very promising for this type of hardware: I added it to the repository, together with a rebuilt flite package (includes default .so links and compilation without 16bit vox).

Hans.

Unbelievable! Thank you!

I was expecting openwrt developer might recompile it with 8k sample rate, removing that 16k flag yesterday.

Tested the 8k flite, it works fine. The output wave file can be playback directly by *.

flite application seems have some problem, but I dont know what it was.
flite(some_words) just didn't work.
Asterisk debug message didn't help much, only line was parsing flite config file as below,
    -- Executing [220@internal:1] Ringing("SIP/PAP101-00629848", "") in new stack
    -- Executing [220@internal:2] Answer("SIP/PAP101-00629848", "") in new stack
    -- Executing [220@internal:3] Flite("SIP/PAP101-00629848", "girl") in new stack
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/flite.conf': Found

And it stops there forever, no sound produced.

Zero byte temp file created under /tmp without .wav extension.
-rw-------    1 root     root            0 Dec 27 17:22 flite_buf_gnZKty
-rw-------    1 root     root            0 Dec 27 17:25 flite_buf_vI1fEQ
-rw-------    1 root     root            0 Dec 27 17:26 flite_buf_2SH25S
-rw-------    1 root     root            0 Dec 27 17:26 flite_buf_5Kb8rl
-rw-------    1 root     root            0 Dec 27 17:44 flite_buf_NIBPhg
-rw-------    1 root     root            0 Dec 27 17:48 flite_buf_jBy5hu
-rw-------    1 root     root            0 Dec 27 17:49 flite_buf_65PXge

From source app_flite.c, it was appending .wav extension name. But under /tmp/flite_buf_*, the wav extension was missing from file names.
    sprintf(filename, "/tmp/flite_buf_XXXXXX");
    mkstemp(filename);
    strcpy(wavFilename, filename);
    strcat(wavFilename, ".wav");
    /* Invoke Flite */
    flite_init();
    v = register_cmu_us_kal();
    flite_text_to_speech((char *) data, v, wavFilename);

if (chan->_state != AST_STATE_UP)
    {
        /* Answer the channel if it is down */
        ast_answer(chan);
    }

I guess flite_init probably was fine since it was parsing config file.
But somewhere inside flite_text_to_speech, something got wrong. Since the temp file got created, so I guess it passed the point ergister_cmu_us_kal.

If I remove the Answer before flite() in extension.ael setup, the channel never got answered, so I think the function flite_text_to_speech was never return. Thus the ast_answer didn't work. So was the rest app_flite module and no sound stream into channel.

Not sure how to fix it, not much debug msg from flite to asterisk console.
The work around I can think of is, might be add app_mp3.so into asterisk package and create a dummy mpg123 script that calls flite to create wave file and stream to stdout. So something like MP3Player(some_words) would play the speech sound of "some_words".

One thought, the mknod in postinstall might not work after reboot since /dev is on tmpfs.

Might find a way to insert these lines into /etc/hotplug2-init.rules by postinstall, probably by sed. Before "DEVPATH is set {" line.

DEVICENAME ~~ (zappseudo) {
        nothrottle
        makedev /dev/zap/pseudo 0644
        next
}

Hi zandbelt,

Would you please help to kindly add in chan_oss?
I tried chan_alsa on 2.6 Kamikaze, got these error/warning. Was able to call/answer from console, but speaker could only produced some noise, no voice.

== Parsing '/etc/asterisk/alsa.conf': Found
[Dec 28 19:28:37] WARNING[1151]: chan_alsa.c:389 alsa_card_init: Rate not correct, requested 8000, got 24000
[Dec 28 19:28:37] ERROR[1151]: chan_alsa.c:384 alsa_card_init: set_channels failed: Invalid argument
[Dec 28 19:28:37] WARNING[1151]: chan_alsa.c:389 alsa_card_init: Rate not correct, requested 8000, got 48000
  == Registered channel type 'Console' (ALSA Console Channel Driver)
chan_alsa.so => (ALSA Console Channel Driver)

CORRECTION, it was the USB audio chip, Tenx Technology, doesn't support 8K sample rate. Nothing wrong with chan_alsa.
CORRECTION AGAIN, set alsa.conf from hw:0,0 to plughw:0 for sample rate conversion. Got voice from speaker, but delayed for few seconds and voice is broken. Anyone has a working example for asterisk with chan_alsa and a USB sound card?

(Last edited by Fall on 28 Dec 2007, 22:24)

Fall wrote:

Would you please help to kindly add in chan_oss?

Thank you zandbelt!
After repeated tests, I confirmed chan_oss seems better than chan_alsa.
1. asterisk will have smaller footprint using oss module, 18.X MB compared to 22MB for alsa.
2. alsa causes abour 1 second delay for voice comes out from speaker.

flite release 3 is using 16k sample rate.

(Last edited by Fall on 29 Dec 2007, 03:22)

zandbelt wrote:

Submitted as patch tickets:

https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/2873
  https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/2874

This means that all of the functionality developed in diverse Asterisk repositories (among which mine) is now available again from the standard OpenWRT source repository in the latest Asterisk release 1.4.16 (once the patch is actually applied...). And actually some more because now non-uhci-usb routers can also run ztdummy thus app_meetme.

Hans.

Hello Hans,

I tried to compile 1.4.16 in WhiteRussian , but getting following errors..
Please help me with this

ubuntu@ubuntu:~/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1$ make package/asterisk-1.4.x-compile V=99
Collecting package info...
make -C package asterisk-1.4.x-compile SDK=1
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/package'
Makefile:11: /home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/.pkgdeps: No such file or directory
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/package'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/package'
mkdir -p /home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/build_mipsel/stamp
mkdir -p /home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/build_mipsel/root
make -C popt compile
Rebuilding /home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/bin/packages/libpopt_1.7-4_mipsel.ipk
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/packages/libs/popt'
mkdir -p /home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/dl
/home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/scripts/download.pl "/home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/dl" "popt-1.7.tar.gz" "5988e7aeb0ae4dac8d83561265984cc9" ftp://ftp.rpm.org/pub/rpm/dist/rpm-4.1.x/
--14:25:23--  ftp://ftp.rpm.org/pub/rpm/dist/rpm-4.1. … 1.7.tar.gz
           => `-'
Resolving ftp.rpm.org... 209.132.176.171
Connecting to ftp.rpm.org|209.132.176.171|:21... failed: Connection timed out.
Giving up.

Download failed.
--14:25:43--  http://mirror2.openwrt.org/sources/popt-1.7.tar.gz
           => `-'
Resolving mirror2.openwrt.org... 88.198.39.176
Connecting to mirror2.openwrt.org|88.198.39.176|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 574,549 (561K) [application/x-tar]

100%[====================================>] 574,549      370.49K/s

14:26:02 (369.75 KB/s) - `-' saved [574549/574549]

touch /home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/build_mipsel/popt-1.7/.prepared
(cd /home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/build_mipsel/popt-1.7/; if [ -x configure ]; then AR=mipsel-linux-uclibc-ar AS="mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc -c -Os -pipe -mips32 -mtune=mips32 -funit-at-a-time" LD=mipsel-linux-uclibc-ld NM=mipsel-linux-uclibc-nm CC="mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc" GCC="mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc" CXX=mipsel-linux-uclibc-g++ RANLIB=mipsel-linux-uclibc-ranlib STRIP=mipsel-linux-uclibc-strip OBJCOPY=mipsel-linux-uclibc-objcopy CFLAGS="-Os -pipe -mips32 -mtune=mips32 -funit-at-a-time" CXXFLAGS="-Os -pipe -mips32 -mtune=mips32 -funit-at-a-time" CPPFLAGS="-I/home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/staging_dir_mipsel/usr/include -I/home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/staging_dir_mipsel/include" LDFLAGS="-L/home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/staging_dir_mipsel/usr/lib -L/home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/staging_dir_mipsel/lib" PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/staging_dir_mipsel/usr/lib/pkgconfig" PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR="/home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/staging_dir_mipsel/usr/lib/pkgconfig"  ./configure --target=mipsel-linux --host=mipsel-linux --build=i486-linux-gnu --program-prefix="" --program-suffix="" --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --libexecdir=/usr/lib --sysconfdir=/etc --datadir=/usr/share --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/man --infodir=/usr/info --disable-nls  --enable-shared --enable-static ; fi; )
touch /home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/build_mipsel/popt-1.7/.configured
make -C /home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/build_mipsel/popt-1.7 DESTDIR="/home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/build_mipsel/popt-1.7/ipkg-install" all install
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/build_mipsel/popt-1.7'
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/build_mipsel/popt-1.7'
make[2]: *** [/home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/build_mipsel/popt-1.7/.built] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/packages/libs/popt'
make[1]: *** [popt-compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/package'
make: *** [package/asterisk-1.4.x-compile] Error 2
ubuntu@ubuntu:~/asterisk_1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1$

Same type of error for pwlib....
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.
am i missing something ?
I am using
ZAPTEL="1.4.7.1"
IKSEMEL="1.2"
ASTERISK="1.4.16"
ADDONS="1.4.2"
make package/asterisk-1.4.x-compile V=99

I downloaded both of your patches.. Patch worked.

$(eval $(call BuildPackage,asterisk14))
#$(eval $(call BuildPackage,asterisk14-mini))

Thanks for all you Great Releases

(Last edited by baba2s on 9 Jan 2008, 20:12)

Hi zandbelt,

What are the chances you're willing to submit new patch(s) for 1.4.18 since these ones where never integrated into trunk?
I'm moving in a couple weeks and would really like to get Asterisk working on my WGT634U so that I can order dry-loop DSL and not have to bother with ordering a PSTN line.

I'd run with 1.4.11 that's in trunk right now, but I'm getting this error in Ubuntu 7.10 and can't seem to fix it:

checking for lt_dlinit in -lltdl... no
configure: ***
configure: *** The libtool installation on this system appears to be broken.
configure: *** Either correct the installation, or run configure
configure: *** without explicitly specifying --with-ltdl
make[3]: *** [/home/OpenWrt/WGT634U/kamikaze_7.09/build_mipsel/asterisk-1.4.11/.configured] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/OpenWrt/WGT634U/packages/net/asterisk-1.4.x'
make[2]: *** [asterisk-1.4.x-compile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/OpenWrt/WGT634U/kamikaze_7.09/package'
make[1]: *** [package/compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/OpenWrt/WGT634U/kamikaze_7.09'
make: *** [world] Error 2

(Last edited by KillaB on 2 Mar 2008, 22:30)

I updated to latest ver. 1.4.18 (Kamikaze 7.09 - Asus WL-500gP).
root:#ipkg list_installed  asterisk14\*
asterisk14 - 1.4.18-1 -
asterisk14-chan-mobile - 1.4.5-1 -
asterisk14-chan-ooh323 - 1.4.5-1 -
asterisk14-format-mp3 - 1.4.5-1 -
asterisk14-sounds - 1.4.18-1 -
Done.

But when I tried use chan_mobile.so - I have this error and asterisk stoped:

asterisk: can't resolve symbol 'ast_register_file_version'

(Last edited by nik247 on 5 Mar 2008, 00:05)

KillaB wrote:

Hi zandbelt,

What are the chances you're willing to submit new patch(s) for 1.4.18 since these ones where never integrated into trunk?
I'm moving in a couple weeks and would really like to get Asterisk working on my WGT634U so that I can order dry-loop DSL and not have to bother with ordering a PSTN line.

I'd run with 1.4.11 that's in trunk right now, but I'm getting this error in Ubuntu 7.10 and can't seem to fix it:

checking for lt_dlinit in -lltdl... no
configure: *** The libtool installation on this system appears to be broken.
configure: *** Either correct the installation, or run configure
configure: *** without explicitly specifying --with-ltdl
make[3]: *** [/home/OpenWrt/WGT634U/kamikaze_7.09/build_mipsel/asterisk-1.4.11/.configured] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/OpenWrt/WGT634U/packages/net/asterisk-1.4.x'
make[2]: *** [asterisk-1.4.x-compile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/OpenWrt/WGT634U/kamikaze_7.09/package'
make[1]: *** [package/compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/OpenWrt/WGT634U/kamikaze_7.09'

Hello,
You can find the Libtool code here OR other branches too
https://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/branche … e/libtool/

Be carefull while installing because the code is not good and do some mv (MOVE) in the last and you have to copy those files back..
Here is the error after installing the Libtool..Can anyone pls tell how to fix this Libtool code

install -d -m0755 /home/ubuntu/ast1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm-2.4-for-Linux-i686/staging_dir_mipsel/usr/lib /home/ubuntu/ast1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm-2.4-for-Linux-i686/staging_dir_mipsel/usr/include
mv /home/ubuntu/ast1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm-2.4-for-Linux-i686/staging_dir_mipsel/lib/* /home/ubuntu/ast1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm-2.4-for-Linux-i686/staging_dir_mipsel/usr/lib/
mv: cannot overwrite directory `/home/ubuntu/ast1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm-2.4-for-Linux-i686/staging_dir_mipsel/usr/lib/gcc'
mv: cannot overwrite directory `/home/ubuntu/ast1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm-2.4-for-Linux-i686/staging_dir_mipsel/usr/lib/ldscripts'
mv: cannot overwrite directory `/home/ubuntu/ast1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm-2.4-for-Linux-i686/staging_dir_mipsel/usr/lib/pkgconfig'
make[2]: *** [/home/ubuntu/ast1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm-2.4-for-Linux-i686/staging_dir_mipsel/stampfiles/.libtool-installed] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/ast1.4/openwrt-devel/packages/libs/libtool'
make[1]: *** [libtool-compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/ast1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm-2.4-for-Linux-i686/package'
ubuntu@ubuntu:~/ast1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm-2.4-for-Linux-i686$ make package/asterisk-1.4.x-compile V=99
ubuntu@ubuntu:~/ast1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm-2.4-for-Linux-i686$

Thanks

Hello Hans,
First i like to thanks YOU for the Asterisk support on Openwrt..

I am able to compile Asterisk 1.4.16, but its failing @ meetme /Zaptell  with error

make -j1 -C zaptel14 compile
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ubuntu/ast1.4/openwrt-devel/packages/libs/zaptel14'
/home/ubuntu/ast1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm-2.4-for-Linux-i686/include/target.mk:16: /home/ubuntu/ast1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm-2.4-for-Linux-i686/tmp/.target.mk: No such file or directory
find: /home/ubuntu/ast1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm-2.4-for-Linux-i686/build_mipsel/linux--: No such file or directory
/home/ubuntu/ast1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm-2.4-for-Linux-i686/scripts/metadata.pl target_mk < /home/ubuntu/ast1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm-2.4-for-Linux-i686/tmp/.targetinfo > /home/ubuntu/ast1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm-2.4-for-Linux-i686/tmp/.target.mk
--: /home/ubuntu/ast1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm-2.4-for-Linux-i686/tmp/.targetinfo: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [/home/ubuntu/ast1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm-2.4-for-Linux-i686/tmp/.target.mk] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/ast1.4/openwrt-devel/packages/libs/zaptel14'
make[1]: *** [zaptel14-compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/ast1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm-2.4-for-Linux-i686/package'
ubuntu@ubuntu:~/ast1.4/openwrt-devel/OpenWrt-SDK-brcm-2.4-for-Linux-i686$

I am using your patches.

The second issue i see is the CODEC_GSM.SO is missing... don't know why
i see the code but mis SO file

Please help
Thanks
baba2s

baba2s, killab: I don't think compiling using a pre-compiled toolchain is supported anymore; please use:

svn co https://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/tags/kamikaze_7.09

for obtaining a build environment.

nik247: I'll update asterisk-addons (apparently required after upgrading asterisk core)

Hans.

(Last edited by zandbelt on 5 Mar 2008, 21:45)

Hi Hans,
BIG thanks you.
I'll wait new files.

(Last edited by nik247 on 5 Mar 2008, 23:35)

zandbelt wrote:

baba2s, killab: I don't think compiling using a pre-compiled toolchain is supported anymore; please use:

for obtaining a build environment.

nik247: I'll update asterisk-addons (apparently required after upgrading asterisk core)

Hans.

Thanks hans.

I compiled  the build environment using
https://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/trunk/

quick question, after Asterisk 1.4.16 compilation , i don't see codec GSM  (codec_gsm.so is missing).
Can you please tell me how to get it .. not sure if its an bug in code.

Thanks
baba2s

zandbelt wrote:

If you look closely you will see that libtool is not included in the kamikaze_7.09 package repo, nor the extra package repo, it only exists in trunk.
That's why my build failed....I was trying to use a fresh 7.09 checkout.

I think a ticket will need to be raised to have it added into the 7.09 branch.

baba2s wrote:

quick question, after Asterisk 1.4.16 compilation , i don't see codec GSM  (codec_gsm.so is missing).

when the 1.4.11 patch was applied, the option to compile without-gsm was added, I don't know why
but I did not notice when I posted the 1.4.16 patch

you can correct this yourself by changing "--without-gsm" to "--with-gsm" in the
CONFIGURE_ARGS variable in the Makefile

the next patch for Asterisk 1.4.18-2 or 1.4.19 will include that

Hans.

zandbelt wrote:
baba2s wrote:

when the 1.4.11 patch was applied, the option to compile without-gsm was added, I don't know why
but I did not notice when I posted the 1.4.16 patch

you can correct this yourself by changing "--without-gsm" to "--with-gsm" in the
CONFIGURE_ARGS variable in the Makefile

the next patch for Asterisk 1.4.18-2 or 1.4.19 will include that

Hans.

Thanks Hans for quick reply

See ticket #3196 for an all-in-one-patch: asterisk 1.4.18, asterisk-addons-1.4.6 and zaptel-1.4.9.2

Example build process:

download: https://dev.openwrt.org/attachment/tick … format=raw
  as [patchfile]

svn checkout https://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/tags/kamikaze_7.09/ mipsel
  cd mipsel
  svn checkout https://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/packages/ feeds/packages/
  patch -d feeds/packages -p1 < [patchfile]
  cd package
  ln -sf ../feeds/packages/*/*/ .
  cd ..
  make menuconfig
  make

Hans.

PS: I did see a gnutls build problem on one machine with an existing libgcrypt installation; had to temporarily move /usr/lib/libgrypt.so to something else

zandbelt wrote:

See ticket #3196 for an all-in-one-patch: asterisk 1.4.18, asterisk-addons-1.4.6 and zaptel-1.4.9.2

Example build process:

download: https://dev.openwrt.org/attachment/tick … format=raw
  as [patchfile]

svn checkout https://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/tags/kamikaze_7.09/ mipsel
  cd mipsel
  svn checkout https://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/packages/ feeds/packages/
  patch -d feeds/packages -p1 < [patchfile]
  cd package
  ln -sf ../feeds/packages/*/*/ .
  cd ..
  make menuconfig
  make

Hans.

PS: I did see a gnutls build problem on one machine with an existing libgcrypt installation; had to temporarily move /usr/lib/libgrypt.so to something else

Thanks Hans, i will try building it

zandbelt wrote:

Many thanks Hans! I successfully downloaded/patched to asterisk-1.4.18 using this patch -d feeds/packages -p0 < [patchfile]; however, the compilation spitted out error messages on zaptel as shown below:

checking for tone_zone_find in -ltonezone... yes
checking /opt/tmp/openwrt-svn-trunk/staging_dir/mips/usr/include/zaptel/tonezone.h usability... no
checking /opt/tmp/openwrt-svn-trunk/staging_dir/mips/usr/include/zaptel/tonezone.h presence... no
checking for /opt/tmp/openwrt-svn-trunk/staging_dir/mips/usr/include/zaptel/tonezone.h... no
configure: *** It appears that you do not have the tonezone development package installed.
configure: *** Please install it to include tonezone support, or re-run configure
configure: *** without explicitly specifying --with-tonezone
make[3]: *** [/opt/tmp/openwrt-svn-trunk/build_dir/mips/asterisk-1.4.18/.configured] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/opt/tmp/openwrt-svn-trunk/feeds/packages/net/asterisk-1.4.x'
make[2]: *** [package/openwrt-packages/net/asterisk-1.4.x/compile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/tmp/openwrt-svn-trunk'
make[1]: *** [/opt/tmp/openwrt-svn-trunk/staging_dir/mips/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/tmp/openwrt-svn-trunk'

The host, my OpenSuSE v10.3, doesn't run asterisk nor zaptel. So, it doesn't have zaptel installed, less the libtonezone. I don't suppose this is the cause of the above error messages, right?

mazilo wrote:
zandbelt wrote:

Many thanks Hans! I successfully downloaded/patched to asterisk-1.4.18 using this patch -d feeds/packages -p0 < [patchfile]; however, the compilation spitted out error messages on zaptel as shown below:

checking for tone_zone_find in -ltonezone... yes
checking /opt/tmp/openwrt-svn-trunk/staging_dir/mips/usr/include/zaptel/tonezone.h usability... no
checking /opt/tmp/openwrt-svn-trunk/staging_dir/mips/usr/include/zaptel/tonezone.h presence... no
checking for /opt/tmp/openwrt-svn-trunk/staging_dir/mips/usr/include/zaptel/tonezone.h... no
configure: *** It appears that you do not have the tonezone development package installed.
configure: *** Please install it to include tonezone support, or re-run configure
configure: *** without explicitly specifying --with-tonezone
make[3]: *** [/opt/tmp/openwrt-svn-trunk/build_dir/mips/asterisk-1.4.18/.configured] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/opt/tmp/openwrt-svn-trunk/feeds/packages/net/asterisk-1.4.x'
make[2]: *** [package/openwrt-packages/net/asterisk-1.4.x/compile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/tmp/openwrt-svn-trunk'
make[1]: *** [/opt/tmp/openwrt-svn-trunk/staging_dir/mips/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/tmp/openwrt-svn-trunk'

The host, my OpenSuSE v10.3, doesn't run asterisk nor zaptel. So, it doesn't have zaptel installed, less the libtonezone. I don't suppose this is the cause of the above error messages, right?

no, the build should be at least self-contained (although _conflicts_ with host files can occur if the build process is not  prepared to deal with that)

apparently you selected app_meetme, which requires libtonezone; it looks like the zaptel-libtonezone package was not installed, although it should be selected automatically as a build dependency; can you check whether that is the problem (on my clean checkout it works ok, it selects the zaptel-libtonezone library automatically)

Hans.