OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: New OpenWrt Kamikaze Release in August

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Jul 2017 and 26 Jul 2017. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Bourdieu wrote:

What about these drivers ?

http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43

It's included in the kernel since 2.6.24 if I'm right. Does it support the broadcom chipset included in our devices ?

If it does, is it stable enough to be included in kamikaze ?

PS : I'm just trying to understand the situation here

Keep up the good work

AP mode seems still shakey. And that's one of the most important things you need in a wireless AP, right wink?

glp wrote:

The OpenWrt project will over the next two months focus on a new Kamikaze release. The official name is to be: OpenWrt Kamikaze 8.08 Release. The planned schedule will take the following shape:

*Last day in July - final release candidate: 8.08 RC-1. This will be a feature freeze, and all changes after this point will be bug fixes.

Well, its August 1st and RC-1 is not there.

Since this announcement is still on the public homepage with no further information available, maybe someone could update the homepage with an updated schedule!?

That being said, is there an updated schedule? I failed to find any uptodate information about the state of the release candidate on any of [wiki,dev,forum].openwrt.org. And in the Trac, there is no sign of a consolidation of development (the Roadmap says 59 active tickets and 38 hours late ;-).

Is it possible to help with the release?

Regards,
    Gregor

(Last edited by GregorHoffleit on 1 Aug 2008, 13:00)

GregorHoffleit wrote:

Well, its August 1st and RC-1 is not there.

Well, there is still time for the rest of October for a release...

What is the status of the Web Image Builder (WIB)?

Any news about the release date?

mrx wrote:

It's done, when it's done smile

Yanira wrote:
mrx wrote:

It's done, when it's done smile

I was afraid to ask 'cos I feared such an answer. Maybe it would be a good idea to write "New OpenWrt Kamikaze Release when it's done" on the home page instead of "New OpenWrt Kamikaze Release in August" ...

(Last edited by Tex-Twil on 15 Aug 2008, 14:42)

Hi all,
Excuse me but into the new release is ASUS WL500gP v2 supported without relevant BUGs?
I've intalled the new trunk revision, but i don't know how to the firewall setting.

Thank a lot for the great work.

Reagards

(Last edited by mitsus on 21 Aug 2008, 16:52)

as described in https://dev.openwrt.org/cgi-bin/trac.fcgi/ticket/3919 I cannot use UCI to get values from config files (I get errors such as uci entry not found), this at revision #12372 after /etc/functions.sh and /etc/rc.common changes.
I know today is Saturday.... hope you guys have a fine weekend but  I also hope to have some hints on Monday.

Thanks for the great work!

Any word on when 8.08 will release?

May be, the new release needs be adjusted to 8.09 for this month. wink

where is the new version?
August or September?

Or... october!

Or may be 1/2009! big_smile

I hope it'll be 10 september..... from 9:00 till 11:00 smile   LHC rulez smile

Hi there everyone. :-)

Ive tried to track it down, but I've never been into software developement so I'm just not sure by the docs if this new version will support my ASUS WL500GP V2 router?

Also is there an up to date ETA for this version to be released?

I just can not wait to see it opn my router. :-)

Thanks for the great job you guys do here. ;-)

if it is supported in 7.09 (it is, is not it?), it will be supported in the next version.

Hi Sup and All,

Once upon a time there were a nice and well equipped device on a fairly good price from a well known vendor called ASUS WL500GP. Then ASUS decided, that this device is too good so they made a similar one and called it ASUS WL500GP V2 (mainly a bit slower processor and the wifi isn't miniPCI, but builtin, not a big issue), but this was not supported by the much loved 7.09 release. This modification was not advertised, and when I bougth mine I was going for the cheapest as I did not know there are two hardware revisions, and got one of these V2-s, which were cheaper. :-(

That's why I'm waiting for almost 2 months now to be able to install an OPENWRT on it, cause I really want to make it into an SSH/SCP server to provide me with an unrestricted, secure and fast file and internet access from my workplace and to be able to use it as a torrent client as well. Currently my Ubuntu does this job. :-)

On the supported devices page it's highlithed as WIP (work in progress), and I found that it's supported since changeset 10693:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Har … /WL500GPV2

I'm just wondering if this will be included in the new release or not. :-)

If not then I'll consider buyibng an other one with HW revision 1 (if I can) and sell this one on e-bay or something (ofc ).

Thanks for your help in advance and have a great weekend. :-)

sup wrote:

if it is supported in 7.09 (it is, is not it?), it will be supported in the next version.

Don't Bet Your Boots on that ...

Koppany1985 wrote:

You can try trunk in this device and post your results....

Slammer wrote:
Koppany1985 wrote:

You can try trunk in this device and post your results....

Hi there,

I'm sorry but I'm kinda noob for this job. I've never been dealing with programming, but with Networking, so I'm just afaraid if I'll simply turn my little box into a paperweigth. :-)

That's why I'm willing to wait till the 8.08 comes out. :-)

nbd wrote:

It would have been announced if it was out yet.
http://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/open … 03153.html

Thanks a lot for this update. :-) It's good to know that zou are in progress. ;-)

koppany - threre is an utility for windows on the CD that comes with ASUS called something like "firmware restoration" and it has always been able to flash firmware for me (even when the router seemed to be dead), so I think you could give it a shot - however, it can still burn your cat and eat your dog...

Hi sup, thanks for the advice. Maybe I'll give it a try later but as I haven't done anything similar so far it would take some time for me, and I'm kinda short on that, as we have an ongoing project at the moment (about to be finished). If I do so I'll share my results. :-) Also I still have the warranty for the box so in the worst case, I'll do some unrecoverable damage to the flash and return it to the vendor, but I would prefer not to do that.

hi dears
:d

3 years later ....        where is kamikaze 8.08  :d