OpenWrt Weekend (Brussels, 24-25 Jan 2009)
Hacker Space Brussels invites you to an 2 days workshop about OpenWrt, the Linux distribution for embedded devices.
Florian and Nico, two OpenWRT developers from Paris, come over for a weekend non-stop OpenWRT workshop.
The weekend is open to all. Beginners and experts are welcome!
Sat+Sun 24+25 Jan 2009, from 10am-11pm
* install/configure/debug OpenWRT yourself
* a chance to meetup with Belgium techies/geeks/hackers
* learn new ways to brick your router
* learn new ways to de-brick your router
* How to build your own *.ipk packages (example with ucarp)
* How to add a new arch/router
* How to add a webinterface with LUCI
* ASUS WL-HDD boxes (5 of those)
* some bricked Linksys boxes, some non-bricked ones
* you can bring your own hardware to play with it
* space, electricty, internet
* some place to lay down at night (though, take your sleeping bag etc)
* refreshments and snacks
Av princesse elisabeth 46
Space is limited, so we ask you to register in advance by:
1. send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. register on Doodle: http://www.doodle.com/cqpdxdbz56e8br6i
A small participation fee of 5 EUR is asked in order to pay for the transport costs of the 2 speakers.
Benjamin Henrion <email@example.com> +32-484-566109