OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: I'm looking for some powerfull AP about 1W with OpenWrt Support.

The content of this topic has been archived on 23 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I'm looking for some powerfull AP about 1W with OpenWrt Support.
So can you help me to find such hardware?

I want to set up central AP with oslrd on openwrt to provide MESH support.
Other AP's in the "childhood" will be linksys wrt54g***
It would be a big MESH network with 500-1000 hosts.

I wanted to use Ubiquiti powerstation2.
What can you say about it, any impressions?

Thanks a lot for attention.
Yuriy

(Last edited by eox425 on 17 Mar 2009, 18:49)

Please Help me
or explain why you wont do so.

Sorry for bad English

Hello,

I've sent you a pm, might be able to help you out.

Yep, it has helped a lot...

Bullet2HP
Maybe someting more MhZable?
I need a powerfull CPU about 260-400 Mhz

Good luck is about right.  Something that churns 1W that runs at 260-400MHz?  I doubt even the processors would be able to do that while using that little amount of power.  The bullet is your best bet.

Use KXS30SG card from Valumount and Get Metro from ADI may be it works for you with OpenWrt

KXS30SG can work upto 1W Output as they claim

Pronghorn Metro SBC - Next Generation Quad Radio Intel XScaleĀ® Wireless Router Board from ADI available at streakwave or Microcom

hey if zoonzoon is using KXS30SG, than it is very easy to get more than 1 watt. even KXS30Sj is creating output of 1 wat.

I have quite a few gateworks 533mhz boards if your interested

aliosa27 wrote:

I have quite a few gateworks 533mhz boards if your interested

I am interested if you are willing to donate for free.

thirdwheel wrote:

Good luck is about right.  Something that churns 1W that runs at 260-400MHz?  I doubt even the processors would be able to do that while using that little amount of power.  The bullet is your best bet.

I believe he's asking for transmitter power in the 1w range, not total power draw for the unit.

JimWright wrote:
thirdwheel wrote:

I believe he's asking for transmitter power in the 1w range, not total power draw for the unit.

And the next question is "Which countries is that (currently) legal in" A bunch are around the 100mW range max TX power.

The other point to consider is the antenna gain.

The discussion might have continued from here.