OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: FS: wrt54g v2.2 with Kamizake 8.09 installed

The content of this topic has been archived on 11 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I have been using openwrt on this router since WR7 and it has been great as a client AP for the upstairs section of my house.  I recently moved and no longer need 2 APs to cover my areas.  After consolidation though, it does just not have the horsepower to run my network.

I would also like a recommendation for a good router that is "not" BCM based that will handle ~15 wireless devices with WPA and a 12Mbit/s internet connection with traffic shaping rules (including l7_filters)..

I have always been partial to linksys at home and Cisco at work, but have also used Mikrotik, RB for long haul metro wireless at projects, but did not really wanna spend that on a home solution.

Is there something I can buy at a local electronics store that is beefy like the Linksys business or D-Link high end stuff that I can put openwrt on?  Everything I have read tells me these newer ones are not usually supported.. 

I have either a 7db gain omni Hawking antenna, or the (2) 2db antennas that factory ship with the 54g I can ship..

Best offer gets it..

Thanks,

Greg

It seem no bad, BCM based that will handle ~15 wireless devices with WPA and a 12Mbit/s internet connection with traffic shaping, I am interested. where is it now?

The discussion might have continued from here.