OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: A full featured Asterisk system with simple GUI for OpenWRT

The content of this topic has been archived on 6 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello OpenWRT users !

I am thinking about releasing my simple Asterisk GUI for OpenWRT but would like to check first if there is any interest about it.

It is implemented as a collection of bash scripts, WebIf pages, agi (asterisk) script and JavaScript,
and include a complete and fully functional dialplan, which provides a fully functional and full featured asterisk system without having to edit any .conf file.

The asterisk configuration is stored in a uci file and read into asterisk Global vars by a script. The variables are used by the provided custom dialplan. Scripts write the configuration from the GUI to the asterisk config files. The interface is build into the Webif frame with a similar interface than the router configuration.

Have a look at the MARS Asterisk GUI (simulation) here:
http://teledata.qc.ca/MARS/WebInterface … ement.html

Some exclusive features: WebCall, WebAudio, Cell to VoIP gateway, local prefix lookup.
Easily link up to four systems with an IAX link using the GUI.
Support up to 4 SIP / IAX / or FXO trunks and 8 extensions.

It also implement the usual asterisk features without the need to edit the config file.

* Automated attendant. With user record able personalized menus.
    * Voice mail with email delivery of voice mail messages.
    * Bilingual (English / French (or other)) or unilingual (user configurable) 
    * WebCall: Allows the visitors of your WWW site to request a call back. (Advantageously replace a 800 line).
    * Cell To VoIP gateway : Place long distance calls from your cell using your system's VoIP line.
    * Web Audio : Listen to hundreds of hours of high quality audio programs.
    * Queue (ACD): Manage the distribution of calls when all extensions are busy.
    * Music on Hold. When transferring calls or in the call queue.
    * Time Conditions : Allows to define the opening hours and direct the calls in consequence.
    * Automated call routing local / long distance according to you location.
    * Local prefix list automatically updated from the Internet for your location.
    * Call transfers (supervised or not (blind)) to another internal extension.
    * Call parking. Park a call and get it back from another extension.
    * Call forward unconditional  : to another extension or even to an external number (cell ... )
    * Call forward on busy, Do not disturb,  Automated Attendant status, WebCall status etc. etc. 
    * Etc. ...

So anyone interested ?

Looks nice.
I would say release it anyway, although I prefer the cli version (not a fan of http on openwrt).
BTW, do you have a multilanguage setup? What do you mean by "unilingual (user configurable)"

Can a caller pick his native tongue when they call the system?

cheers

Marvelous! Asterisk GUI for openwrt is a great news.

Although I don't understand why there is a limit on the number of trunks and extensions. It's just a predefined .conf thing maybe?

didn't know there is a openwrt-able device that supports FXO trunk.
Based on which version of asterisk? 1.4 or 1.6?

Is it based on LuCI?

The limit is due to the fact that this was indented to be used on 'low power'
router like the ASUS WL-500Gp or the Linksys WRTSL54GS but it could easily be extended.
The current implementation assume there is some external storage (USM mem stick or other)
where the prompts, voicemail and CDR are stored.

There is a menu to select the language so it could be adapted to any language with a simple
modification.

It is built on Kamikaze 7.x so it uses the older version of UCI. I haven't installed 8.x yet ...
Is LuCi much different ?

It is based on Asterisk 1.4x
It can use 'external' SIP FXO adapters like the Linksys SPA3102 (1 FXO/1 FXS) and presumably others.

(Last edited by noelbou on 16 Apr 2009, 19:51)

I think quite some work has been done on a LuCi interface already.
But having different GUI options is a good thing.

Hans.

As you can see, i am really NOT up to date ;-)

Ok i had a peek at V 8.x  and saw that's it's a completely new approach ...
The one i have is build around WebIf / UCI and Kamikaze 7.x.

I would have thought on a NSLU2 (due to two USB's and a reasonable CPU) would be a good option using either X-WRT or LuCI?

It is great to see how are you implement it. If you want a simple one, try FIVN Asterisk GUI http://www.fivn.com/products/asterisk.html . It is written in shell script for Openwrt, DD-WRT, NSLU2 and other Linux.

(Last edited by nguyen on 1 Jun 2009, 14:04)

Cool sound great I'd be very interested!

The discussion might have continued from here.