Dear forum readers and devels,

i have 3 Linksys WRT54GL with OpenWRT 2.4 kernel as a WLAN AP, switch and PPPoE router. The routers are in different networks. I use no firewalling on the wireless interface.

On two routers i experience WLAN hangs from time to time. If i use my VoIP phone (Nokia E90) for wireless SIP calls after around 5-10 minutes i just can hear, but the other call partner can't hear me further. At the same time i lose my wireless connections from other WLAN devices (like my notebook). I have to reboot the device to get wireless back to work. Just waiting some minutes and hardly reconnecting my notebook / devices to the AP works to.

If i debug wireless on my (linux) notebook i can see that no answers or any data comes back from AP on AP connect requests and no key exchangecould  be donne. This seems crazy because i still can hear the other VoIP party for a while- i.e. 30-60 secs (means the voice is not coming from buffers). I cant find something in the logs. Wired networking works without probs.

Sometimes the AP hangs just from "surfing" plus a few other connections like SSH, IMAP and Jabber.

One router works without encryption, the other one with WPA-PSK. So encryption seems not the source of the problem. I changed the channels more then once to avoid any HF interference in the near.

Btw:
How many meters are the maximum settings for wireless radius?

Any ideas?
Do you now any starting points for further debug and troubleshooting?

Many thanks for any help,

Niels.
---
http://www.syndicat.com