OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Backfire 10.03.1-rc1

The content of this topic has been archived on 28 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

The  OpenWrt Release Team would like to announce a release candidate for Backfire Interim Release 1 (10.03.1).  Testing of this release candidate will allow further refinement of 10.03.1

Binaries can be downloaded at http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03.1-rc1/

Highlights:

* IPv6 support enabled in packages by default
* Enabled DNS rebind protection offered in dnsmasq
* Updated mac80211 drivers/stack
* 2.6.32 based targets updated to 2.6.32.16
* Numerous fixes across all targets
* Ath9k stability and performance improvements, especially in noisy environments
* Fixes for the PPP support scripts, changed interface names for easier firewall management
* Fixed support for the D-Link DIR-300 (broken in 10.03)
* Fixed failsafe mode for various devices
* Fixed handling of user provided DNS server settings, override should work for all protocols now
* Fixed WPA Enterprise client support
* Fixed random sysupgrade crashes on ar71xx
* Fixed wireless detection in the brcm47xx target on various devices
* New usb-modeswitch integration for 3G dongles
* PEM certificate support for the webserver, X-Wrt compatibility updates
* Numerous package bug fixes and updates

Known Issues:

* Orion jffs-128KB based images are larger than neccesary, this has been fixed for rc2

Detailed report at https://dev.openwrt.org/milestone/Backfire%2010.03.1

Detailed Core ChangeLog at https://dev.openwrt.org/log/branches/ba … 0729-22556
Detailed Packages ChangeLog at https://dev.openwrt.org/log/packages?revs=20733-22556

Yours truly,
--
The OpenWrt release management team
Andy Boyett & Nicolas Thill

Ps. Device safety is always dependent on a decent management password.

Excellent guys! Keep it up.

Bartman007 wrote:

Testing of this release candidate will allow further refinement of 10.03.1

I have an Asus WL-500gPv1 and a Fonera 2100, linked together as WDS AP and STA respectively, plus STP thrown in for good measure.

With 10.03 this setup is "mostly" stable, I say mostly because occasionally the DLNA tv fed by the Fonera goes MIA with no notes on the log. I have observed that a continuous ping from the DLNA server (wireless connection to the Asus)  to the tv prevents the disappearance and in this case the streaming of videos is perfect. Kludgy but acceptable.

The same two systems have been upgraded to rc1, same configuration except for opkg.conf pointing to the newer packages. In this case, ping or no ping, after a few minutes the tv will stop playing and go back to the media browser, while the logs of both system will show a topology change in the bridges, resulting in a temporary loss of connectivity and the stopping of the video.

I am unsure how / what I should report: the situation wasn't fully working to begin with and the context is not simple.
Apart from a dedicated thread (possibly), what else would you suggest? Both systems are fitted with serial console, just in case.

Andrea.

EDIT: relevant log lines below (clock not synced):

Aug 10 10:20:24 router-casa-andrea user.info kernel: br-lan: received tcn bpdu on port 3(wlan0.sta4)
Aug 10 10:20:24 router-casa-andrea user.info kernel: br-lan: topology change detected, propagating

Aug  9 16:42:32 foneratv user.info kernel: br-wan: neighbor 8000.00:17:31:d6:97:7a lost on port 2(ath0)
Aug  9 16:42:32 foneratv user.info kernel: br-wan: topology change detected, propagating

(Last edited by aboaboit on 14 Aug 2010, 19:50)

Seems this doesn't support ipv6 by default.

blindlf wrote:

Seems this doesn't support ipv6 by default.

opkg install kmod-ipv6

hi,
i can't download file openwrt-x86-generic-rootfs-squashfs.img !
Can you resolve this problem?

thank you

jekyll wrote:

i can't download file openwrt-x86-generic-rootfs-squashfs.img !
Can you resolve this problem?

Fixed.

The discussion might have continued from here.