OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: IBM 8364-NUS Network Station - 3 available

The content of this topic has been archived on 19 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

The IBM 8364-NUS machine is perfect for operating systems and applications which need only basic x86 hardware to perform... like OpenWRT smile

Base system (mainboard + power supply assembled in case) without RAM (see options below) : 18$USD (OpenWRT developers: 0$USD) + shipping (below)
* processor: Intel Pentium MMX @ 266Mhz
* The machine runs very quietly on a 70W power supply and can boot from a CompactFlash device plugged into the CompactFlash socket integrated directly on the mainboard.
* Other ports integrated on the mainboard: Intel Ethernet Pro 100 x1 (linux driver: e100), USBx2, serialx1, parallelx1, PS2x2 + riser card with 2 PCI slots
* For more details and specifications about the hardware see Louis Ohland's documentation at http://www.ibmmuseum.com/ohlandl/8364/8 … vista.html
=========================
Options available with the base system

The mainboard in the 8364-NUS machine is designed to hold 2 RAM modules. The machine will need at least one compatible and working RAM module installed into one of the slots to boot up and work.
* 64MB PC100 modules : add 2.50$USD each

* IBM 24P0621 24P0622 power cable (to power 2 standard Molex 8981 connectors from the mainboard) : 9 available @ 5$USD each

* Intel E139761 2-port network interface card : 4 available @ 3$USD each

* Kingston 64MB CompactFlash card : 3 available @ 5$USD each
==========================
Shipping by USPS Priority Mail to addresses within the continental United States: 12$USD per machine.  I MAY be willing to ship to an address outside of the United States. That will cost much more in shipping charges though - to discuss please contact me at valuequest at gmail dot com.

I am willing and able to ship on a http://www.paypal.com transaction - for details contact me at valuequest at gmail dot com.

Happy OpenWRT-ing,
valuequest
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d … ckAsSeller

(Last edited by valuequest on 7 Feb 2012, 03:19)

I am not sure if anyone here will be willing to spend their $$$ to invest on this kind of hardware. Good luck.

Hopefully someone who is reasonably proficient will recognize that this thin client hardware providing 2 SDRAM slots + 2 USB ports + 2 PCI slots + a serial port is quite excellent for running the x86 port of OpenWRT.

(Last edited by valuequest on 28 Oct 2011, 17:11)

Recently, I just got me an AM2+/AM3 Zotec GeForce 6100 ITX mobo from a local Fry's Electronics for $15 (after a $20 rebate).

Power Consumption
Normal power consumption for the 8364, while running applications, ranges from 24 to 28 Watts. During periods of inactivity, the system switches into the suspend state, and power consumption reduces to approximately 18 Watts. Once the system enters the soft-off state, power consumption reduces to approximately 10 Watts.

big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

The discussion might have continued from here.