OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: ADSL2/ADSL2+ is chip based services or software based

The content of this topic has been archived on 29 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Dear Experts,

I am lucky to get so many experts in one place, I am new to this field, I see many websites says that the existing ADSL modem can be converted to ADSL2+ by simple firmware update but I Wonder if ADSL2+ facility can be obtained by only firmware update and not chipset update or both. Can any one tell if these products will work fine with ADSL2+ firmware upgrade and what is the current chip set used in these boxes.

DG632
DG834
DG834G
DG834GT

Can any one will be able to tell which DSLAM's work with all these Netgear products as I find Netgear product pritty good in performance but I am not sure about the performance of ADSL2+ with firmware update.

Thanks in Advance

Warm Regards

Pinaki

flavors of ADSL are implemented at the firmware level; this may lead you to think that by changing the firmware (if you can get the right one) then you can switch between ADSLs; this may not be true, as the PCBs themselves may host different, additional IC logic, depending of the ADSL flavor...

The discussion might have continued from here.