OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Problems building iproute2

The content of this topic has been archived on 31 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi Folks,

I'm sorry to have to bother you...
After three days of downloading stuff and not knowing when the buildprocess will be finished (it's my first build and I don't have my broadband connection yet), I'm stuck now.

Somehow the compilation of iproute2 fails :

make[2]: Entering directory `/mnt/hdb/downloads/openwrt/buildroot/build_mipsel/iproute2/ip'
/mnt/hdb/downloads/openwrt/buildroot/build_mipsel/staging_dir/bin/mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc   ip.o ipaddress.o iproute.o iprule.o rtm_map.o iptunnel.o ipneigh.o iplink.o ipmaddr.o ipmonitor.o ipmroute.o ../lib/libnetlink.a ../lib/libutil.a  -lresolv -L../lib -lnetlink -lutil -o ip
../lib/libnetlink.a: could not read symbols: Archive has no index; run ranlib to add one
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [ip] Error 1

I already tried to manually ranlib libnetlink.a without any error message, but mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc fails none the less.

Can somebody tell me, what I might have done wrong ?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day,

SegFault

ok then... iproute2 is just a package... Of course I didn't need it to flash openwrt.

After having some fun I wondered whether there is no udhcpd included per default, or if my FW is just missing it...

If it's not part of the default image, what's the fastest way to get a dhcpd
(with static host support preferred) installed ?

I know... this is NOT developer relevant, but I'm afraid I still miss some parts of the default image smile

BTW: As soon as there is a PPC compilable version of the builtroot... I'd quite happy to try it.

Uhm... one last thing... I, as a naiv, dumb idiot... tried to flash my WAP54G with the .trx file.... fried.... fuck... boot_wait seems to be disabled (it should be enabled of course... )

dnsmasq is used for dhcp

For your WAP you can probably just short the pins of the flash, tricking it into believing it has a bad image -- see here

The discussion might have continued from here.