OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Restoring to factory settings?

The content of this topic has been archived on 18 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

So I've set boot_wait and tftp'ed over the b3 bin to my WRT54G.  Everything ran as planned, but how do I return the original bin? I've tftp'ed the file over successfully but it doesn't work. I didn't see anything posted on it in for forums. I've tried to access the web controls and it gives me an operation timed out error. I've tried to "reset" it but it still does the same thing. I've tried the tftp a few times just in case, but I've gotten the same results. Any suggestions. Thanks

I noticed this question was never answer but in hopes that someone will provide some insight I would like to ask the same question.  I have the current openwrt binary flashed to my wrt54gs but would like to return to the original factory rom.  I thought that was possible but thus far I've have no luck doing so.  Can anyone please steer me in the right direction

TIA
Bill

I guess I didn't have enough paitence and have finally tftp'ed the Linksys Firmware back to my wrt54gs.  I was either just missing the pmo or boot_wait period or when a successful tfpt occurred I did not wait long enough for the internal flas to happen.

cya
bill big_smile

I've still had no luck with this can you post up the linksys firmware you used to do this..

i can get the router to take the firmware via tftp but it doesn't seem to update it just stays as openwrt firmware.

Any help on this would be great.

c0w

You will need the tftp2.rar utility to TFTP the new Firmware to yor Linksys

Execute the TFTP utility and set the IP to 192.168.1.1

Unplug the Linksys and by the time you plug it in again, you have 5 seconds or less to press the UPGRADE button in the utility.

Good Luck  :twisted:

The discussion might have continued from here.