Hi all,
I've had lots of troubles getting openwrt-kamikaze to work on the NetGear WGT634U, but I've come up with some fixes. These may not be the 'proper' fixes, but they work in getting the WAN interface working for dhcp.

First, make sure you have the WAN cable plugged into the proper port. This changes around with different revisions. It's either the port closest to the antenna or the port closest to the power connector.

Second, make sure your CFE settings are set to be compatible with OpenWRT:

setenv -p STARTUP "ifconfig eth0 -auto;boot -elf flash0.os:"

Trying to use a static IP address here, or not configuring the ethernet port at all, will result in a garbled MAC address and bad ethernet behavior because of it.

Thirdly, there is currently a bug in the startup scripts relating to the detection of the WGT634U. You may have to change /etc/init.d/S05netconfig, where it says ELF change to DR0.

Lastly, I had a problem because my WAN was numbered 192.168.1.0/24, as is the default settings of OpenWRT's LAN addresses. This causes problems. So, keep this in mind if you are having troubles: you may have to renumber the OpenWRT LAN IP addresses.