OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Installing OpenWrt in Xiaomi Wifi Mini

The content of this topic has been archived between 8 Feb 2018 and 5 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Hi there, First Thanks for this Awesome community, ANd I hope you could help me, I want to create a network in my house, Im bulding an Web Server,  but my Server Its behind a modem ( Provides internet) and ftom my MI WIFI as Bridge, but with the stock firmaware, my MIWIFI doesnt let my reach my Server, I was thinking that is problem of the sotck firmware, and Im trying to flash Openwrt hoping that its my solution, but I cant get SSH access to my MIWIFI, now Im  in the most new DEV firmware version, How Can i Get SSH access to Flash openwrt or any other that you recommend, Can you please give me at tutorial ? because using this d miwifi com  rom ssh- doesnt work.

I hope You can help, and I explained my problem...

Best Regards!

(Last edited by Jackzerox on 2 May 2017, 17:29)

hi guys
how to power on/off (reset) the usb port on this router?

in file you need change:
target/linux/ramips/dts/MIWIFI-MINI.dts

&pinctrl {
      state_default: pinctrl0 {
          gpio {
-            ralink,group = "i2c", "rgmii1";
+            ralink,group = "i2c", "rgmii1", "rgmii2";
              ralink,function = "gpio";
          };

https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/287/files

for usb control i use this:

echo 65 > /sys/class/gpio/export
echo out > /sys/class/gpio/gpio65/direction
echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio65/value
echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio65/value

I'm now using the Padavan firmware (compiled by the prometheus.freize.net script). It runs very stable for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
I get on 2.4 and on 5 GHz with a single upload/download 95mbps upload and 40mbps download.
With multiple uploads and downloads I get a total uploadrate of 95mbps and a downloadrate of 60mbps.
Using the LAN port I get 100mbps upload and 100mbps download.
Is there any way to improve the single download of 40mbps? Is there a way to uncap it in the firmware?

I've been trying to clone Mac address to wlan1 (2.4). This method doesn't work jhshi.me/2015/01/19/fix-mac-address-clone-in-openwrt/

Mac address did changed but it turns back to original one after a while.

Please help

(Last edited by Vermillion_PT.2 on 8 May 2017, 21:48)

kofec wrote:

in file you need change:
target/linux/ramips/dts/MIWIFI-MINI.dts

&pinctrl {
      state_default: pinctrl0 {
          gpio {
-            ralink,group = "i2c", "rgmii1";
+            ralink,group = "i2c", "rgmii1", "rgmii2";
              ralink,function = "gpio";
          };

https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/287/files

for usb control i use this:

echo 65 > /sys/class/gpio/export
echo out > /sys/class/gpio/gpio65/direction
echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio65/value
echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio65/value

thank great man!

Chilling_Silence wrote:
gazambuja wrote:

I start a bounty (USD 250) for this bug, so this way we can get full Openwrt working over Xiaomi Mini: https://www.bountysource.com/issues/323 … an-in-2-4g

If any can help (with more money or solving this issue) I would appreciate.

I've been mucking around with the firmware for this, and working on a simple-to-use WebUI for it too, could do with that fixed so I'll chuck $50 at getting the WiFi fixed also.

Will start a new thread for feedback on the firmware / UI though smile

hi

since i could not make an agreement with site administrators please make a refund request from bountysource

Zirowe wrote:

Hi, I've been trying the lede versions for a while, but always got worse reception for 2,4 wifi, than the strangeorange version, wich I use as my stable fw.

The stable build of lede still has poor 2,4 wifi, but the newest snapshot (I've tried the one from last monday, now I am one the one from saturday) has a strong 2,4 wifi, I get the same results as the strangeorange one.

Just fyi. smile

What is the difference between strangeorange version and Lede version? Does strangeorange verision use some custom patches for mt76 driver or uses some closed source driver?

Hi guys, can anyone tell me why i can´t acces pandorabox.cn site?
http://downloads.pandorabox.com.cn

I got following error:
Sorry, the website is unable to be accessed at this moment.
According to the ICP filling requirements of China's Ministry of Industry and Information
Technology (MIIT) and China Public Security Ministry.
a website is accessible only if the registration is completed and the filled information is accurate.
In addition, the access should be suspended if any prohibited content is published or disseminated.

I can´t even update packages in my Xiaomi Mini PandoraBox router sad((... I´m stucked. Help me please!

kaper wrote:

Hi guys, can anyone tell me why i can´t acces pandorabox.cn site?
I got following error:
Sorry, the website is unable to be accessed at this moment.

You can download the last pandora that was built before these issues from htt ps://ilufly.ctfile .com/dir/956705-22703321-8e6954/25317379/, but it is unlikely that there would be some new builds for mini and I have not found repos there, as an option you can try to build from sources (is this htt ps://github .com/pexcn/pandorabox pandora sources?) or use padavan / lede. Personally I don't like lede because it has much worse wifi speed from the box, not sure if it can be fixed somehow, I believe that it is a free drivers problem.

I have found one more mirror: ht tp://mirrors.edock .net/pandorabox/pandorabox/17.09/targets/ralink/mt7620/
and repos should be like this I think:
src/gz 17.09_core ht tp://mirrors.edock .net/pandorabox/pandorabox/17.09/targets/ralink/mt7620/packages/
src/gz 17.09_base ht tp://mirrors.edock .net/pandorabox/pandorabox/17.09/packages/mipsel_24kec_dsp/base
src/gz 17.09_lafite ht tp://mirrors.edock .net/pandorabox/pandorabox/17.09/packages/mipsel_24kec_dsp/lafite
src/gz 17.09_luci ht tp://mirrors.edock .net/pandorabox/pandorabox/17.09/packages/mipsel_24kec_dsp/luci
src/gz 17.09_mtkdrv ht tp://mirrors.edock .net/pandorabox/pandorabox/17.09/packages/mipsel_24kec_dsp/mtkdrv
src/gz 17.09_newifi ht tp://mirrors.edock .net/pandorabox/pandorabox/17.09/packages/mipsel_24kec_dsp/newifi
src/gz 17.09_packages ht tp://mirrors.edock .net/pandorabox/pandorabox/17.09/packages/mipsel_24kec_dsp/packages
But I believe it won't evolve and even now it may have some well known critical bugs.

soap2k wrote:

I have found one more mirror: ht tp://mirrors.edock .net/pandorabox/pandorabox/17.09/targets/ralink/mt7620/
and repos should be like this I think:
src/gz 17.09_core ht tp://mirrors.edock .net/pandorabox/pandorabox/17.09/targets/ralink/mt7620/packages/
src/gz 17.09_base ht tp://mirrors.edock .net/pandorabox/pandorabox/17.09/packages/mipsel_24kec_dsp/base
src/gz 17.09_lafite ht tp://mirrors.edock .net/pandorabox/pandorabox/17.09/packages/mipsel_24kec_dsp/lafite
src/gz 17.09_luci ht tp://mirrors.edock .net/pandorabox/pandorabox/17.09/packages/mipsel_24kec_dsp/luci
src/gz 17.09_mtkdrv ht tp://mirrors.edock .net/pandorabox/pandorabox/17.09/packages/mipsel_24kec_dsp/mtkdrv
src/gz 17.09_newifi ht tp://mirrors.edock .net/pandorabox/pandorabox/17.09/packages/mipsel_24kec_dsp/newifi
src/gz 17.09_packages ht tp://mirrors.edock .net/pandorabox/pandorabox/17.09/packages/mipsel_24kec_dsp/packages
But I believe it won't evolve and even now it may have some well known critical bugs.

This links are not working anymore, Maybe somebody have backup? or new links?

i have problem with working wifi module:

ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_write_tx_frame: Error - Dropping frame due to full tx queue 2

and wifi slow speed or client disconnect

/etc/config/wireless

config wifi-device 'radio0'
    option type 'mac80211'
    option hwmode '11a'
    option path 'pci0000:00/0000:00:00.0/0000:01:00.0'
    option country 'UA'
    option channel 'auto'
    option htmode 'VHT20'
    option noscan '0'

config wifi-iface 'default_radio0'
    option device 'radio0'
    option network 'lan'
    option mode 'ap'
    option ssid 'yyyyyyy_5G'
    option encryption 'psk2+ccmp'
    option key 'xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
    option disabled '1'

config wifi-device 'radio1'
    option type 'mac80211'
    option hwmode '11g'
    option path 'platform/10180000.wmac'
    option txpower '20'
    option country 'UA'
    option distance '30'
    option frag '2346'
    option noscan '0'
    option htmode 'HT20'
    option channel '1'

config wifi-iface 'default_radio1'
    option device 'radio1'
    option network 'lan'
    option mode 'ap'
    option ssid 'yyyyyyy'
    option key 'xxxxxxxxx'
    option encryption 'psk2+ccmp'

/etc/openwrt_release

DISTRIB_ID='LEDE'
DISTRIB_RELEASE='17.01.4'
DISTRIB_REVISION='r3560-79f57e422d'
DISTRIB_CODENAME='reboot'
DISTRIB_TARGET='ramips/mt7620'
DISTRIB_ARCH='mipsel_24kc'
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION='LEDE Reboot 17.01.4 r3560-79f57e422d'
DISTRIB_TAINTS='no-all'

I brought out my wifi mini after two years of inactivity. Unfortunately, I don't remember the configuration I've set: neither the ip to connect via cable, nor the wifi password. So, I've tried to restore the router to original settings, pressing reset button while re-plugging the power, but without success (the process always end with a red light). Can someone help me to recover my device? Thank you.

Please what is the latest stable version of Pandorabox For Xiaomi Mini, and where can i download it?

Thanks, i am already Using: Powered by LuCI Master (git-16.354.35264-23d1dc7) / PandoraBox 17.01 2017-01-03-git-6c24a7a

Off-topic question: Are the external antennas used for 5GHz?

kaper wrote:

Please what is the latest stable version of Pandorabox For Xiaomi Mini, and where can i download it?

Thanks, i am already Using: Powered by LuCI Master (git-16.354.35264-23d1dc7) / PandoraBox 17.01 2017-01-03-git-6c24a7a

Where did you download it?
Your link http://downloads.dmkuai.cn/pandorabox/ does not work.

(Last edited by arin on 2 Apr 2018, 22:18)

mike3e wrote:

Hi again,

Thanks for your prompt answer. I've arrived to the same conclusion after some browsing.
I've started by checking the firmwares you provided in your performance comparison and I had success on the 3 go wink
Bootloader partition was unlocked on the Padavan firmware but there are catches. I'll leave it here in case someone will have the same problems.

1) In my case I was unable to connect by the ssh so I had to use telnet.
2) Default login and password for this distribution is admin:admin
3) Instead of mtd command I had to use mtd_write and it does take device alias as the parameter:
instead of typing:
mtd write mtd write breed-mt7620-xiaomi-mini.bin mtd0
I had to use:
mtd_write write breed-mt7620-xiaomi-mini.bin Bootloader

Sure to have written "Bootloader" in your last line? Because I have your same configuration (mtd0: 00030000 00010000) and it is named u-boot.
Moreover, which firmware have you installed?

StrangeOrange wrote:
fjorger wrote:

Now it makes sense, just wondering why the first method did end up in a endless loop sad.
One reason could be the different stock layout?

From the partition layout you posted, "OS1" on stock firmware has the length of 0xc80000 or 13107200, while on PandoraBox it's:

% fgrep firmware < /proc/mtd
mtd4: 00f80000 00010000 "firmware"

Or 16252928, so there is some discrepancy. However OS1 is still larger than the firmware image file, so there issue is not here really.

Maybe you would write: "OS1 is still *smaller* than the firmware image file"?

The discussion might have continued from here.