OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: New linksys sources

The content of this topic has been archived on 5 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

How could I use this release as the base source?
I need the Wireless client isolation feature that this release contains.

If this feature is just in the wl.o kmod then it might work if you let the buildroot use the shared directory of the newer version.

Then insmod the wl.o module ... but it's not tested, there might be removed some functions in the shared dir  as well.

antimac

I tried to port the wl.o module from 2.04.4 source to OpenWrt. In fact I copy all the *.o files in the WRT54G/release/src/wl/linux/ directory of the new sources to the OpenWrt sources. I modified the /linux/linux/driver/net/wl/Makefile to include the new .o files and run make. But I had no success. 
I don't know how to port this feature to the OpenWrt firmware. Can someone help me?

I tried to port the wl.o module from 2.04.4 source to OpenWrt. In fact I copy all the *.o files in the WRT54G/release/src/wl/linux/ directory of the new sources to the OpenWrt sources. I modified the /linux/linux/driver/net/wl/Makefile to include the new .o files and run make. But I had no success.
I don't know how to port this feature to the OpenWrt firmware. Can someone help me?

I mean that the firmware compiled good, but when I insmod de wl.o module I have this:

~ # insmod wl
Using /lib/modules/2.4.20/wl.o
insmod: unresolved symbol wlc_sup_set_pmk
insmod: unresolved symbol wlc_sup_eapol
insmod: unresolved symbol wlc_sup_set_ssid
insmod: unresolved symbol sb_pwrctl_slowclk
insmod: unresolved symbol sb_pcmciarev
insmod: unresolved symbol wlc_sup_detach
insmod: unresolved symbol wlc_sup_send_micfailure
insmod: unresolved symbol pktq_init
insmod: unresolved symbol wlc_sup_attach
insmod: unresolved symbol wlc_sup_get_auth_status
insmod: unresolved symbol sb_chipcrev
insmod: unresolved symbol wlc_set_sup
insmod: unresolved symbol bcm_next_tlv
insmod: unresolved symbol sb_pcirev

The discussion might have continued from here.