OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: WPA and nas and toolchain - please clarify

The content of this topic has been archived on 7 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Well, in fact it's a toolchain question. Hope somebody (probably mbm) could unveil the things.

Recently I've build gcc-3.4 based uclibc toolchain. -Os option now really makes small executables and optimization is started to work with mips (in fact gzipped binaries are have the same size as before) and this makes sense to RAM usage.

I've also make a diff from broadcom provided gcc-3.2.3/binutils-2.13.2.1 toolchain. If anyone is interested, I've made them available at http://wl500g.dyndns.org/brcm/

So, the question is regarding nas. To my knowledge broadcom compiled nas is linked against uclibc 0.9.19 and glibc. So, until mid of August it was impossible to use it with OpenWrt which uses none broadcom toolchain. Am I correct? So, that is changed in August? I've tried to examine cvs but have not found anything except nas wds support... Please clarify.

Oleg,

nas , even the binary is linked against some different uclibc version, works with the latest openWRT CVS version.

Don't ask me how the core developers made the impossible possible, but it work's what I hear.
That is, you can copy over the nas binary from the sources and use it on your latest cvs openwrt (which is of course compiled against the latest uclibc).

Don't ask me how the core developers made the impossible possible, but it work's what I hear.

I'm trying to figure this out, that's why I'm asking about it.

Previously I've seen some posts related to using uClibc-0.9.19.so by playing with LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but it's now not the case.

So, I'm wondered is that was just misconfiguration of some kind or just magically started to work?

The discussion might have continued from here.