OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Archer C7 V2

The content of this topic has been archived on 4 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I have an Archer C7 V2 that I may have bricked trying to do the serial port mod on it, it turns on and currently only functions as a switch. I never did get console output from it so I can't tell if it's actually dead, doesn't have an IP, or the firmware is borked. I have the power supply for it.

20 USD, you pay the shipping.

The shipping price is an important decision factor, but it depends on your location which you did not share...

And of course, it depends on the actual "brick state" of the device. Noone would want to buy a device which has tin all around the PCB from bad soldering or is otherwise HW-damaged. Some photos would help people decide I guess ...

It seems like the resistors/capacitors near pin #2 may be damaged. Hard to say. If you were not able to make the serial connection work, that might be the reason. BTW: I would suggest to use just jumper cables with male ends next time ... much less intrusive.

I am not saying that the router is a total brick ... maybe JTAG would still work just fine and you would be able to use it to reflash.

Much as I hate to say this, but I think its toast - almost literally.
In addition the the comments by pbasista, - take a look at the back side image in the  area around the 14pin "header" there is a lot of heat damage, and the front side image doesn't show that area.

The discussion might have continued from here.