OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Feb 2018 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

I believe "padlock" is the crypto device for VIA.

Edit: Also on a LEDE build the crypto device is now in kernel space and should be there ootb. Check your speeds with a test.

openssl speed -evp aes256

There were times posted by ACS users in the main topic.

Edit2:
A lot changed when nbd pushed this.
This is from a v1.

But your numbers would indicate you are not using CESA device.

(Last edited by anomeome on 7 Aug 2016, 18:59)

@anomeome may be right, as I'm trying several crypto modules to see what sticks. I want to achieve something similar to the post #5 here --> https://airvpn.org/topic/11827-routers- … leration/. I'm not really sure which kmod crypto modules are need to take advantage of Cryptographic Hardware Accelerators on the WRT1900ACS. Eventually, I would like to max out the performance of openssl. According to the wiki here --> https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/hardware/c … elerators, there should be a device /dev/crypto which is being used by crypto apps like openssl to achieve higher performance. For that to happen, we need the cryptodev-linux module which includes kmod-crypto-core and kmod-cryptodev. Additionally, from what I understood, we need to add libopenssl to /dev/crypto for openssl to take advantage of the hardware. Finally, on the wiki there is a section about Marvell CESA, which I believe is what's need for the WRT1900ACx series.

@davidc502, anything I attempt to install from here --> http://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/sna … /packages/ seems to be giving me the satisfy_dependencies_for error.

An openssl bechmark yields the following:

root@lede:~# openssl speed -evp aes-256-cbc
Doing aes-256-cbc for 3s on 16 size blocks: 3962376 aes-256-cbc's in 3.00s
Doing aes-256-cbc for 3s on 64 size blocks: 1065677 aes-256-cbc's in 3.00s
Doing aes-256-cbc for 3s on 256 size blocks: 272673 aes-256-cbc's in 3.00s
Doing aes-256-cbc for 3s on 1024 size blocks: 68551 aes-256-cbc's in 3.00s
Doing aes-256-cbc for 3s on 8192 size blocks: 8595 aes-256-cbc's in 3.00s

A search for crypto modules yields:

root@lede:~# opkg list-installed | grep crypto
kmod-crypto-hash - 4.4.15-1

In the same manner, I could not locate the Marvel CESA module.I really appreciate your help guys. Thank you very much, indeed!

@davidc502 it is possible to have sources (tarball) ?
I have a custom build for my WRT1900AC v1 to my fiber provider (Movistar Spain with 3 vlan for IPTV, VOIP and Internet) with the packages I need for work: swconfig bird4 mcproxy kmod-bridge kmod-ipt-nathelper-rtsp udpxy

Thanks!!

Foguet wrote:

@davidc502 it is possible to have sources (tarball) ?
I have a custom build for my WRT1900AC v1 to my fiber provider (Movistar Spain with 3 vlan for IPTV, VOIP and Internet) with the packages I need for work: swconfig bird4 mcproxy kmod-bridge kmod-ipt-nathelper-rtsp udpxy

Thanks!!

kmod-bridge kmod-ipt-nathelper-rtsp     

I can attempt to build these to and upload them. At work right now, but when I get home this evening.

davidc502 wrote:
btrv wrote:

David, Since I don't like to live dangerously with my router..

When you say "Don't save any OpenWrt setting, when upgrading to LEDE, unless you like to live dangerously!."
Are you basically saying to do a a reset before the updated?
I'm currently running 4.4.7: OpenWrt Designated Driver r49377 / LuCI Master (git-16.151.26687-f4af114).  Can I restore from backup after the upgrade or do I have to reset my config from scratch?

I've had great luck with you builds so far.. just want to keep the trend going wink

You can flash LEDE through the GUI, but UN-Check the save configurations box before  you flash.

I'm running your build LEDE Reboot r1003 (LuCI Master (git-16.190.47901-6be6904) / LEDE Reboot r1003) and it's working great - thank you!

Can I just flash your latest build from the 6th August over the current firmware and will all my settings/installed apps/firewall configurations remain? Or do I have to restore them from the backup after the new image has been flashed?

davidc502 wrote:

Uploading new builds today -- LEDE Reboot r1261 / LuCI Master (git-16.217.35130-6a11f71)

SQM will now be apart of the basic build. One can choose to activate or even remove if they don't want it.

Old packages will be archived.

Thanks @davidc502, working fine now!

Will be uploading new images today ---There are some changes.

1. New Wifi FIRMWARE
2. New Wifi Drivers
3. OpenVPN will be included with cryptodev acceleration. Packages to create your own certs will be included.
4. LuCi Statistics  -- Highly configurable utility to graph various statistics about 1900ac(s).
5. Smart Queue Management (SQM) -- Configuration utility to battle buffer bloat.

(Last edited by davidc502 on 13 Aug 2016, 18:56)

David,

Your latest build seems to have a few kinks.   I'm on a wrt1200ac v1.

1. It seems that the package feeds has a new path, I compared your snapshots/ and snapshots.old/ folders.  You have an extra packages level (e.g. in /snapshots/packages/packages now).  I updated my feeds to do an opkg update for now.

2. mwlwifi shows kmod-mwlwifi - 4.4.15+10.3.0.18-20160804-1 - however now I can't get my 5G radio to turn on.
   I see IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): tmp.radio1: link is not ready in dmesg output.

Also, I had a previous openvpn configuration where I dropped in keys to this openwrt router.  Whatever crypto options may be set I believe are interfering my TLS negotiations now.  The key worked before the CESA add-on now doesn't, but I will test more (try the .ovpn file somewhere else).

@davidc502 thanks for your great build, have been using the latest build for WRT1900AC for a few days, runs very well!  [thumbs up]

One question tho is about SDK, I need to install https://github.com/shadowsocks/ChinaDNS, a must for Chinese users.
I've tried using this SDK here: https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots … 64.tar.bz, and then follow the guide:

pushd package
git clone https://github.com/clowwindy/ChinaDNS.git
popd
make menuconfig # select Network/ChinaDNS
make -j
make V=99 package/ChinaDNS/openwrt/compile

But I got stuck on "make -j" with error:

Package ChinaDNS is missing dependencies for the following libraries:
libc.so
libgcc_s.so.1

Can you in any way help me with this? This package is really important to me.

Regards,
Antonio

(Last edited by test1943 on 14 Aug 2016, 10:03)

camusny wrote:

David,

1. It seems that the package feeds has a new path, I compared your snapshots/ and snapshots.old/ folders.  You have an extra packages level (e.g. in /snapshots/packages/packages now).  I updated my feeds to do an opkg update for now.

2. mwlwifi shows kmod-mwlwifi - 4.4.15+10.3.0.18-20160804-1 - however now I can't get my 5G radio to turn on.

Also, I had a previous openvpn configuration where I dropped in keys to this openwrt router.  Whatever crypto options may be set I believe are interfering my TLS negotiations now.  The key worked before the CESA add-on now doesn't, but I will test more (try the .ovpn file somewhere else).

1. -- Will fix - Thank you

2.  It took about 5 minutes for 5Ghz to kick in the first time. Were you able to get it running?

test1943 wrote:

@davidc502 thanks for your great build, have been using the latest build for WRT1900AC for a few days, runs very well!  [thumbs up]

One question tho is about SDK, I need to install https://github.com/shadowsocks/ChinaDNS, a must for Chinese users.
I've tried using this SDK here: https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots … 64.tar.bz, and then follow the guide:

pushd package
git clone https://github.com/clowwindy/ChinaDNS.git
popd
make menuconfig # select Network/ChinaDNS
make -j
make V=99 package/ChinaDNS/openwrt/compile

But I got stuck on "make -j" with error:

Package ChinaDNS is missing dependencies for the following libraries:
libc.so
libgcc_s.so.1

Can you in any way help me with this? This package is really important to me.

Regards,
Antonio

Have you been able to track down libc.so and libgcc_s.so.1 ? Apparently they are required to compile properly.

Take a look at libc.so first >  http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man7/libc.7.html

davidc502 wrote:
camusny wrote:

David,

1. -- Will fix - Thank you

2.  It took about 5 minutes for 5Ghz to kick in the first time. Were you able to get it running?

No the radio never kicked in, and as for the VPN issue I think it was just me up too late tweaking my hardware.  I had missed the important 'tis-client' keyword in my .ovpn config.

It's actually the b/g/n radio that's not coming up, 5Ghz is fine now. Isn't that strange?
radio0 = 5G
radio1 = 2.4G 

but radio1 or (wlan1) is never coming up not the system if I look for it with 'ifconfig'

(Last edited by camusny on 14 Aug 2016, 17:35)

@davidc502
Installed your latest, 8/13/2016 build on my wrt1900ac v1. No issues at this time, both radios up and functional. Did not see the delay of the 5GHz that was talked about above. Thanks for including the collectd package in Luci as well.

--bill

(Last edited by bill1228 on 14 Aug 2016, 18:40)

bill1228 wrote:

@davidc502
Installed your latest, 8/13/2016 build on my wrt1900ac v1. No issues at this time, both radios up and functional. Did not see the delay of the 5GHz that was talked about above. Thanks for including the collectd package in Luci as well.

--bill

Interesting --  Thanks for the report.

David

Not sure if because my wrt1900ac v1 is an early build, April 2014, but I do not seem to have the various issues other's have with installs and weirdness, both Openwrt and DD-WRT.  Have often wondered if there was a hardware modifcation on later wrt1900ac v1's that causes some of the issues.
--bill

You have a point... Someone here who is very knowledgeable about hardware manufacturers says that routers are made in "batches" and that minor changes are made, from batch to batch, that "shouldn't affect performance or compatibility, but end the end does.

I just blew it all away,  previously had performed a sysupgrade from your mid-July release.  This seems to have caused the radio issues for me.

I went with a full clean wipe and factory install of your binary release,  used the .img file and voila no more problems.

Thank you David for your efforts, they are wonderful.

(Last edited by camusny on 15 Aug 2016, 04:05)

Hello i'm new to this open source firmware so be gentle smile

My first steps into open source was DD-WRT which did have me scratching my head for a while on how to set things up but got there in the end but this weekend i though i would try OpenWRT on my WRT1900ACS downloaded davidc502 firmware which is the new lede Reboot r1297 / LuCI Master (git-16.217.35130-6a11f71)

Everything is working fine but for the love of god i can't workout how you mount a Seagate 5TB USB 3 drive have read a few guides but i know i'm missing something

Sorry if this is in the wrong place to ask

Eyerex wrote:

Hello i'm new to this open source firmware so be gentle smile

My first steps into open source was DD-WRT which did have me scratching my head for a while on how to set things up but got there in the end but this weekend i though i would try OpenWRT on my WRT1900ACS downloaded davidc502 firmware which is the new lede Reboot r1297 / LuCI Master (git-16.217.35130-6a11f71)

Everything is working fine but for the love of god i can't workout how you mount a Seagate 5TB USB 3 drive have read a few guides but i know i'm missing something

Sorry if this is in the wrong place to ask

How is the USB drive formatted? NTFS? Ext4?

Also, can you see the drive from the pull down in the LuCi gui?

Hello drive is NTFS this is what is showing in drop down

https://s3.postimg.org/l1fpr07xv/Untitled_1.jpg

https://s3.postimg.org/vzzbajhwz/Untitled_2.jpg

https://s3.postimg.org/x6522wa5f/Untitled_3.jpg

Just wondered do i need to download a plugin for NTFS drives ?

Please run the command # block info

You can also try to run these commands..

mkdir -p /mnt/usb
mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/usb

vfat being FAT32 partition.

(Last edited by davidc502 on 15 Aug 2016, 17:40)

Eyerex wrote:

Just wondered do i need to download a plugin for NTFS drives ?

This worked for me... or at least got me to the point that I could access the drive in the command line but it is ext4 and not NTFS.

# Install packages

opkg update && opkg install kmod-usb-core kmod-usb-ohci kmod-usb2 kmod-usb-storage e2fsprogs fdisk usbutils mount-utils block-mount kmod-fs-ext4 kmod-fs-vfat kmod-nls-utf-8 kmod-nls-cp437 kmod-nls-iso8859-1 usbutils fdisk e2fsprogs

# list partitions

cat /proc/partitions

# make the mount point

mkdir -p /opt

# format the drive

mkfs.ext4 /dev/sda1

# get the ID

blkid

# edit fstab

vi /etc/config/fstab
config mount
        option target '/opt'
        option enable '0'
        option enabled '1'
        option fstype 'ext4'
        option uuid '19534835-a423-41ee-8547-70dcd8a4e33c'

Cheers all for the info i'm thinking it may be easier for me to format drive to Ext4

Good deal. Glad to hear it is now working.

David

Since it has the latest wireless driver, I'm trying this build on the WRT1900ACS v2. So far, so good for the most part. The GUI definitely seems a lot faster and more responsive. Wireless and wireline communications are fine. So far, the things that I've configured (dynamic DNS and static DHCP leases) are fine. I have not encountered the delay with the radios. I did notice my wireless throughput is difference. On kaloz's latest build, I was around 280Mbps on an 802.11n link. On this build, I'm around 260Mbps. Not enough to care about (for me) but interesting.