OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: 5ghz 4920-6100 max tx-power unlocked ar7xxx

The content of this topic has been archived on 1 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Do all testing a controlled environment so the signal not get out of your room. Don't use it for anything illegal. Don't break your country regulations. I follow the FCC rules of my country. The reason of this is that the limitation doesn't take into consideration modifying the hardware and the antennas and licenses acquired to operate in other frequencies.

I made the patches. They been tested on lede 17.01 and openwrt 15.01 (gpio patch is needed for better signal) with cpe510 US version v1.1. In both scenario they give me the same errors.

If "option country" is present at /etc/config/wireless. The wireless card wont start. That means that everything needs to be configured through ssh. Anyone know what is causing this? You need to setup option "hwmode 11n" in ssh also.

Can't set some channel to 26dbm even its unlocked and iw phy0 info list them as possible. Probably there is a another safe lock in kernel i miss

I pasted the patches in:

forum.lede-project.org/t/cpe510-4920-6100-26dbm-unlocked/9714?u=christianrodher

(Last edited by christianrodher on 16 Dec 2017, 13:41)

christianrodher wrote:

so the signal not get out of your room.

How can you achieve this? Put aluminium foil on the walls?

tmo26 wrote:
christianrodher wrote:

so the signal not get out of your room.

How can you achieve this? Put aluminium foil on the walls?

Funny and out of topic, but in case your are actually asking.

5ghz signal can't go through obstacles like 2ghz can. So just by removing antennas and been n in a solid wall room. the signal don't get out more than a few meters.

Note: Sorry for my bad English is not my main language.

(Last edited by christianrodher on 16 Dec 2017, 17:51)

Hello to all, excuse my English. 
Buy a tp-link CPE510 V2 (UNITED STATES), I am making an investigative work for my university, I don't seek to break the laws, it is exclusively for educational use. I need that my hardware operates in supporting way to be able to work in several frequencies. If somebody knows as achieving this that explains to me, I have looked for in several formun and they tell me that it is not possible because this anchored the region in a space of storage of readonly and that you cannot change. I test the firmware with TEST_MODE TP_PharOS_2.0.0_161117 but it doesn't allow me to change the region although makes hard reset

Thank you to all
Muchas Gracias a todos

dayron.pf wrote:

Hello to all, excuse my English. 
Buy a tp-link CPE510 V2 (UNITED STATES), I am making an investigative work for my university, I don't seek to break the laws, it is exclusively for educational use. I need that my hardware operates in supporting way to be able to work in several frequencies. If somebody knows as achieving this that explains to me, I have looked for in several formun and they tell me that it is not possible because this anchored the region in a space of storage of readonly and that you cannot change. I test the firmware with TEST_MODE TP_PharOS_2.0.0_161117 but it doesn't allow me to change the region although makes hard reset

Thank you to all
Muchas Gracias a todos

thats not true.... just build a openwrt with my patches and you have 4920-6100 open... put patches still have problems... you have to configure /etc/config/wireless manually.... remove options country from it... then reboot....

it will work... but using luci to edit wifi setting will break it.. untill you delete option country from the file..... im working on finding what is causing the bug... but no one seems interested in helping.

The discussion might have continued from here.