OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Where to find OpenWRT Trunk AP81 Profile download for WNR2000v0?

The content of this topic has been archived on 6 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello everyone!

My first time here on the forums. I am also quite new to using OpenWRT (was primarily using DD-WRT earlier but wanted to give OpenWRT a shot on some other routers).

So I have this old Netgear WN2000RPT (v1) and did a bit of research and found that it is very similar to the Netgear WNR2000v0 router. I am trying to find a suitable latest OpenWRT firmware that I can flash it with since the Netgear stock firmware hasn't been updated in years. Hoping to have the repeater live a bit longer instead of junking it.

Based on the wiki, it appears the stock firmware is based on OpenWRT Kamikaze firmware 7.09.

Reference: OpenWRT Wiki - Netgear WNR2000

If you scroll down to Supported Versions, it says for WNR2000v0, you should use... "trunk (use AP81 profile)" software but I'm not sure where to exactly find this in the downloads.

Not sure if it is okay to use the AR71xx target (wnr2000-squashfs-factory-NA.img) from 17.01.4/targets/ar71xx/generic/ ?

or maybe that is only meant for WNR2000v1/2 and not WNR2000v0?

Hopefully someone can chime in on this. Thanks.

Does anyone know?

The discussion might have continued from here.