OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: PDF version of the documentation?

The content of this topic has been archived on 6 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi.

Is there a PDF/PS or some version of the documentation for OpenWRT suitable for viewing offline? Sometimes I want to check the documentation when I'm reconfiguring, or reflashing, and then my Internet connection is down.

Thanks,
-- jp

Last time when I configured my router it was...
a few days ago I upgraded to RC6 and before doing this I wanted to download it again to have it offline if something goes wrong...
But searching for it took longer than the upgrade process, but I couldn't find it.
Where it suppose to be ?

jp wrote:

Is there a PDF/PS or some version of the documentation for OpenWRT suitable for viewing offline?

Not for WhiteRussian.

But Kamikaze documentation is in tex format (in /trunk/docs/) and you can generate a PDF auf of the tex files by simply running 'make' in the /trunk/docs/ directory (requires tetex-bin and tetex-extra packages to be installed on Ubuntu).

(Last edited by forum2006 on 24 Jan 2007, 10:52)

Um . . . why is tex still being used.  Are these guys still living in the '80s?

Seriously could someone please convert to html or pdf  format and checkin to the trunk repository.

-tark

The discussion might have continued from here.