OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: installed a broken image

The content of this topic has been archived on 21 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

hi made my first tries with wgt634u router.

Accidently I made a broken image because svn download was corrupted and I forced building a litte bit (FORCE=1)
So all modules like usb_storage (i think there is one), madwifi-ng and so on is missing on box.

What I tried then was building an new image which i think is more complete and to recover image with the tfp poll method on booting the box with no success. ended with timeout
also there is no tftp neither client nor daemon installed on box. And I can't install ipkg because theres no public server for wgt634u and im to lazy to configure one on my gentoo box.

I also looked for trx files but there are none in the bin dir and I can't select this format in menuconfig. Also converting is not explained.

So question how can I update/recover self-built firmware on wgt634u in best way?
Why are there no trx files build for direct flashing. Why are there no ipkgs build for kernel-modules like usb_storage a.s.o. (I have also played a little with handhelds.org and they built packages also for modules)

Please light me up!

Go read the troubleshooting page, pay particular attention to the serial and jtag sections.

The discussion might have continued from here.