OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Asterisk 1.4.1 and 1.2.16

The content of this topic has been archived between 12 Sep 2015 and 22 Apr 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

I just created a 2.94MB image using the Imagebuilder and included asterisk14 and asterisk14-gui to run on a WRT54G with 4MB flash.
Since this router is behind my main firewall/DHCP server, I was able to turf the dnsmasq and PPP/PPPoE packages to make it a bit smaller.

After installing I have just 556kB of free space available in JFFS2.

To get the GUI going I was reading through zandbelt's howto and I noticed that the paths are all messed up.

4.  Scan through all of the html files under /usr/lib/asterisk/static-http/config so all hard-coded references point to the correct paths in your installation (mostly references to /var/lib/asterisk should now point to /usr/lib/asterisk).

Any chance you can create a new GUI package with the corrected links?  Modifying the webpages once installed would pretty much kill all my free space.

Also, is there any way to remove the asterisk14_1.4.1-2_mipsel.ipk dependancy in asterisk14-gui_svn-395-1_mipsel.ipk so that the GUI can be applied to asterisk14-mini?

Thanks,
Jason

KillaB wrote:
4.  Scan through all of the html files under /usr/lib/asterisk/static-http/config so all hard-coded references point to the correct paths in your installation (mostly references to /var/lib/asterisk should now point to /usr/lib/asterisk).

Any chance you can create a new GUI package with the corrected links?  Modifying the webpages once installed would pretty much kill all my free space.

Since the vi editor comes with the busybox installation I don't see why it would eat diskspace to actually use it..
I did not care so far changing the links by patching the code because:
   a) the asterisk-gui project rapidly changes so my changes would probably only be valid for one specific release
   b) the actual paths are depending on the installation target (if the ipkg -dest option is used), so it would actually have to be included in a specialized postinstall script which parses and changes the files  on the fly at installation time; that requires some more work than static changes would.
   c) it is actually something that I expect asterisk-gui might/will solve itself when its codebase matures.
So I don't think it is worth the hassle right now, only to avoid editing 3 or 4 files in place.

Also, is there any way to remove the asterisk14_1.4.1-2_mipsel.ipk dependancy in asterisk14-gui_svn-395-1_mipsel.ipk so that the GUI can be applied to asterisk14-mini?

Hmm, I don't think that I wil do so. I think a dependency on asterisk14 is correct and required; you're right about asterisk14-mini as well but since I must specify one dependency I would rather do it for the full package. I think the equipment of asterisk-mini users will typically not have the resources for asterisk-gui. However, there's a simple solution to your problem: use the -force-depends ipkg option and you will override the dependency requirements (works for both install and remove).

Good luck,

Hans.

zandbelt wrote:

Since the vi editor comes with the busybox installation I don't see why it would eat diskspace to actually use it..

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but when you make an edit to a file with the mini-fo system, the symlink to /rom is removed and the edited file is created in jffs.  So yes, it does eat disk space if you're starting from Squashfs.

I think the equipment of asterisk-mini users will typically not have the resources for asterisk-gui.

Typically, sure, but when you only have older WRT54G's to work with, why not give it a shot.

However, there's a simple solution to your problem: use the -force-depends ipkg option and you will override the dependency requirements (works for both install and remove).

I forgot about that one.  Thanks for the reminder, I'll give it a try big_smile

Cheers,
Jason

KillaB wrote:

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but when you make an edit to a file with the mini-fo system, the symlink to /rom is removed and the edited file is created in jffs.  So yes, it does eat disk space if you're starting from Squashfs.

I see; but still: we're talking about a few files that are a few kilobytes in size and you have over 500 left...

KillaB wrote:

Typically, sure, but when you only have older WRT54G's to work with, why not give it a shot.

The point is that I have to choose one dependency or the other (or none, which seems to be even more wrong, or both, which would be equally wrong ;-)). In that case I favor the full package for the reason given earlier.

Hans.

I've reverted to 1.2.16 and have been trying to get IAX2 working with freeworlddialup.
I've followed the directions in the following links and appear to be registered, but incoming calls fail and outgoing calls just go fast-busy right away.
http://www.freeworlddialup.com/help/?p= … 8&a=76
http://www.voipplanet.com/backgrounders … hp/3648381

Does anyone here have a working IAX2 trunk to FWD??

I tried loading the zaptel and kmod-usb-uhci-iv modules without any change.

Edit:  Forgot to mention that everything works fine using Idefisk, so I don't think it has anything to do with firewall settings.

(Last edited by KillaB on 14 Mar 2007, 19:14)

I have updated the repository packages to Asterisk version 1.4.2, zaptel-libtonezone 1.4.1, asterisk-gui SVN revision 481, and chan_cellphone patch 17.
BTW: anyone here using the app_fax stuff successfully?

Hans.

(Last edited by zandbelt on 25 Mar 2007, 20:46)

Is-it possible to make an upgrade ?? or I must un-install the previous version (1.4.1) to install this version (1.4.2) ?

Thank's..

dolkin wrote:

Is-it possible to make an upgrade ?? or I must un-install the previous version (1.4.1) to install this version (1.4.2) ?

I would advise you to upgrade so you'll keep your existing config files.

Hans.

Just curious if you're working on a 1.2.17 update?

Also, by this statement I'm assuming my freeworlddialup IAX2 trunk will not work on a WRT54G?

Installing dummy Zaptel timer support (ztdummy)

This enables MeetMe audio tele-conferencing bridge support and IAX2 trunking.
It is only useful on routers with UHCI USB features such as the Asus WL-500GdL.

If so, it looks like I'll have to use my WGT634U and the Kamikaze packages instead.

KillaB wrote:

Just curious if you're working on a 1.2.17 update?

I have had no signals that someone uses features from 1.2.17 that 1.4.2 can not provide.
So I'm thinking of discontinuing 1.2.x support in OpenWRT packages in favour of 1.4.x.

Hans.

Hi Zandbelt,

I would appreciate a 1.2.17 version too. 1.2.x is working perfectly for me, and I don't want to upgrade to 1.4.x. Considering that 1.2.17 is a critical update (and hopefully the last one), would you be kind enough to post that as well?

Thanks,
Myles.

I have tried the package 1.4 for about a month on my sdcard mod, it's great!
Found the config files came with 1.4 ipkg for jabber.conf and gtalk.conf, but missing chan_gtalk.so.

Can you please help to make this Google talk channel available?

Thanks again for making this 1.4 ipkg available!!!

Fall wrote:

Found the config files came with 1.4 ipkg for jabber.conf and gtalk.conf, but missing chan_gtalk.so.

I have added a new asterisk14-chan-gtalk package in the asterisk 1.4 repository (http://members.home.nl/hans.zandbelt/op … terisk-1.4). It contains chan_gtalk.so and res_jabber.so and has dependencies on the libraries libiksemel, libgnutls, libgcrypt and libgpg-error which are also in the repository.

Update: I tested stuff and it actually works.

Hans.

(Last edited by zandbelt on 1 Apr 2007, 19:48)

Hi Zandbelt,

It's posible to compile * 1.4.2 with chan_cellphone-18.patch (61,267 bytes) 03-29-07 05:05?

Thanks,
Nikolay

nik247 wrote:

It's posible to compile * 1.4.2 with chan_cellphone-18.patch (61,267 bytes) 03-29-07 05:05?

I took the newer patch, version 19 and put the package in the repository; it's asterisk14-chan-cellphone_1.4.2-2_mipsel.ipk, ie. the release number went up from 1 to 2.
I also upgraded the asterisk-gui package to SVN revision 571.

Hans.

Hello ZandBelt,

What is the upgrade command for upgrade 1.4.1 to 1.4.2 without lost my config file ?

Thank's.

Hey ZandBelt can you please change my kids diapers. They kind of stink!

Joke smile

Keep up the great work!

zandbelt wrote:
Fall wrote:

I have added a new asterisk14-chan-gtalk package in the asterisk 1.4 repository (http://members.home.nl/hans.zandbelt/op … terisk-1.4). It contains chan_gtalk.so and res_jabber.so and has dependencies on the libraries libiksemel, libgnutls, libgcrypt and libgpg-error which are also in the repository.

Update: I tested stuff and it actually works.

Hans.

Wow, that was fast! Thank you so much Zandbelt.
Installed gtalk channel and upgraded asterisk to 1.4.2. Gtalk really works as you mentioned, now I'm trying to figure out how to display caller ID on phone when gtalk friends calling...

Fall wrote:

Installed gtalk channel and upgraded asterisk to 1.4.2. Gtalk really works as you mentioned, now I'm trying to figure out how to display caller ID on phone when gtalk friends calling...

Hmm, just found out that after one day of running, the asterisk server crashed. Since I did not experience stability problems before, I suspect the jabber/gtalk stuff. Last message in the log (not necessarily related):

[Apr  2 23:49:35] WARNING[4132] res_jabber.c: JABBER: socket read error

Anyone else experiencing this?

Hans.

Hey Hans,

Its 12 hours now i installed gtalk and Asterisk looks OK. Gtalk really working good... Lets wait for another day and see..

Thanks for great work..

zandbelt wrote:
Fall wrote:

Hmm, just found out that after one day of running, the asterisk server crashed. Since I did not experience stability problems before, I suspect the jabber/gtalk stuff. Last message in the log (not necessarily related):

Hans.

zandbelt wrote:
Fall wrote:

Hans.

Yes, I got the asterisk console died on me once when I debugging it with asterisk -cnvvvv, when I tried to call in from gtalk. But so far, it's running.
To set callerID to the gtalk caller, I found this.

set(CALLERID(all)="${CUT(CHANNEL,,1)}<${CUT(CHANNEL,,2)}>");

Hello

I have voice issue with gtalk.

For calls from both Asterisk ---> gogle  and google -----> asterisk, no voice pass from astrisk to google. My friend with google can't hear me at all but i can hear him.

No voice issues for gtalk testing in my local network when i login in google on one local computer(using another id) and call my asterisk OR from asterisk if i call google.

If i run command..
ASUS*CLI> jabber test
Unable to find client 'asterisk'!

Any help pls?.. 

zandbelt wrote:
Fall wrote:

Hans.

Hello Hans,

For the gtalk voice issue, i was reading on net and found a patch which may resolve DTMF/NAT issues...  here

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8193

The patch is branch-1.4-bug_8193-1.diff (1,340 bytes) 02-12-07 07:35

Another one (if you get some time)
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=9401

is it possible for you to patch the gtalk?
chan_gtalk.dtmf.patch1  (3,812 bytes) 03-28-07 03:33
gtalk_dtmf_rtp.patch1 (23,815 bytes) 03-31-07 10:47

If you please get the first patch...

Thanks

(Last edited by baba2s on 6 Apr 2007, 21:22)

Dear hans,

Thanks for porting asterisk1.4.1. It's a great job definitely. Now i want a Web GUI with it but the patch missed the GUI part. And i find that it was so hard for me to patch it by myself after trying, so do you have a plan to update it?

Best Regards

guys4u wrote:

Now i want a Web GUI with it but the patch missed the GUI part. And i find that it was so hard for me to patch it by myself after trying, so do you have a plan to update it?

The asterisk-gui stuff is packaged separately in the asterisk14-gui package which is also present in the repository.
After installing it you do need to change some hard-coded paths manually (for reasons which have been explained before) as described on my webpage about asterisk for openwrt: http://zandbelt.dyndns.org/asterisk.html.

Hans.

Sorry, posts 51 to 50 are missing from our archive.