OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: La Fonera issue

The content of this topic has been archived on 26 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I have installed kamikaze onto my la fonera, they installation went ok but in /etc/config/interfaces i changed the eth0 from static to dhcp and removed the rows with ip and netmask because i want to run it behind another router. When i connect it to my router it doesnt show up at all, when i connect to to another computer it gives up. Which is the easiest way to recover it from this?

easiest? attach your serial console and edit the config file until it works properly
I don't believe openwrt on atheros has a "failsafe" mode yet, so your other option would probably be to load a recovery image of some sort from the network with redboot (don't flash it..), fix the file, reboot

dhcp works for me though, in about that configuration...

I dont have any serial cable, can i just connect to telnet port 9000 the first seconds before it boots?

yes, to get to redboot. obviously you can't configure openwrt that way, but you could load a rescue image

Ok, are there any pre-built rescue images?

Edit:

I telnetted to redboot and im just reinstalling openwrt again, shouldnt take that long.

(Last edited by Olof on 28 Mar 2007, 13:29)

I have compiled an initrootfs failsafe image for fonera, have not been able to connect to it using telnet/ssh sofar though. I will setup a serial console and investigate why...

The discussion might have continued from here.