OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Kamikaze Benefits

The content of this topic has been archived on 30 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I'm sorry but I looked everywhere and am unsure about this:
Is there any particular bonus if you go from RC6 to the new Kamikaze? Aside from the 10000 writes issue being improved, I'm not certain if the new FW is better for a WRTG/WRTGS or not. I read the milestones and it appears to list only a broadening of the compatible hardware (which is wicked!).

I'd be willing to learn the new Kamikaze conf setup if it offers more reliability/packages, but should one otherwise just wait until they buy the non-draft N Gigabyte switch that Kamikaze is going to support later?

One of the advantages of Kamikaze is that it has the latest Broadcom drivers.  I've been running Kamikaze about a week on a WRT54GL v1 and it seems to have eliminated the annoying wireless drops that I was experiencing on a Windows XP system.  The down side is that there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust the transmit power at this time (maybe it will be included in a later build).  If you decide to try it out, make sure you use the brcm-2.4 build.

The discussion might have continued from here.