OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Could not open mtd device: linux

The content of this topic has been archived between 13 Apr 2018 and 17 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Us the command like this

scp filename loginname@ipaddress:/tmp

eg: scp openwrt-atheros-combined.squashfs.img root@192.168.1.1:/tmp
This will copy the file openwrt-atheros-combined.squashfs.img to the tmp folder in the router
Make sure that you are doing scp from the path where the file is stored or else give the complete path of the input file to be copied.

eg: scp /bin/atheros/openwrt-atheros-combined.squashfs.img root@192.168.1.1:/tmp

root@OpenWrt:~# scp /home/david/ddwrt.bin root@192.168.1.1:/tmp
root@192.168.1.1's password: 
/home/david/ddwrt.bin: No such file or directory
root@OpenWrt:~#

but the file is there!!!

help?

excuse me, could someone tell me how to put the original firmware on my tl-WR841ND with OpenWrt, with access only by ssh??
now i again get the error "Could not open mtd device: linux"

Thanks for the help

PS: I'm not a noob but is my first time with router firmwares...

(Last edited by maxidvd on 23 Oct 2010, 12:24)

Could you please tell how you have tried to put the original firmware.

If you can do ssh, then you can transfer the file (.bin) using tftp (This is the normal procedure for loading a binary ) or
you can copy the image file (.img) to the tmp folder in the router using scp command and from your router you can execute the command sysupgrade -v filename.img

You may get some info from this thread.
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=26826

i've found in other way the solution.... now i've flashed dd-wrt firmware...
thankyou anyway

Dear Max
    Could you please post the solution so that it may benefit people who are facing the same.
Thanks
Johns

ok, so i removed and reinstalled luci-lucid, then i flashed with the admin gui...

The discussion might have continued from here.