OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: looking for ANY box with Atheros Wifi running/able to run OpenWRT

The content of this topic has been archived on 15 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi there,

I am really stuck with my NP18A (8MB), eventhough it is listed under supported devices, the kernel does not run.
So I am looking for any box that runs openwrt or can really run OpenWRT and has Atheros Wifi.
So if anybody has a box with Atheros Wifi that runs or can run OpenWRT, I will be glad to buy it.

Rgds,
h0rus

Netgear WGT634U

look at meraki.com     it uses Atheros AR2315  ( according to the bootup messages )   $49 each

Best

I use an Airlink101 AR430W, which has an Atheros 2315. They have been put on sale from time to time recently at the Fry's in Atlanta. I successfully flashed it to dd-wrt, but I am just starting to learn about openwrt, so I have not attempted that yet.

What about LaFonera 2100/2200? I have some units of this router run DD-WRT v24 RC5 with no problems, yet. I am trying to compile asterisk package from Kamikaze v7.09 and see if it will run on this. So far, I had tried asterisk from X-wrt snapshot and it wasn't stable.

bigrob wrote:

I use an Airlink101 AR430W, which has an Atheros 2315. They have been put on sale from time to time recently at the Fry's in Atlanta. I successfully flashed it to dd-wrt, but I am just starting to learn about openwrt, so I have not attempted that yet.

Do let us know on any updates on this. I will try ddwrt sometime this week. But I really want kamikaze on this instead smile

- LS

(Last edited by LoneShadow on 26 Feb 2008, 19:56)

I got success in running Openwrt on AR430W yesterday.
I am in process of preparing my summary for others. But a quick note is that you need to recompile from openwrt source to include AR430W board support. Not a huge process but minor changes to get it UP. The board in this router is ap61.
If you need binaries, let me know. smile

ngupta wrote:

I got success in running Openwrt on AR430W yesterday.
I am in process of preparing my summary for others. But a quick note is that you need to recompile from openwrt source to include AR430W board support. Not a huge process but minor changes to get it UP. The board in this router is ap61.
If you need binaries, let me know. smile

hi
  Can you be more specific about the ap61?
I can't seem to find it in the wireless driver.  or is it under madwifi conf?  thanks

yoonix wrote:

i got ar2317 working d-link 1310 with moded flash.

i had to custom build 7.09 with the latest madwifi.

how to should be http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=15492 or http://wiki.openwrt/org/yoonix

let me know if you get it to work.
i also have jtag programmer that i would like to test.

thanks,

Do you have all the ports working WAN + 4LAN? If yes, how did you do it?

nothing can compete with picoboard

I'm using an AR430w and I got the wireless to start using the kamikaze trunk and a small modification to the kernel config to remove GPIO (so it doesn't hang on boot):
http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Har … daf6b66e36

The 430w is a AR2317 and ap61-based device so kamikaze trunk should work on the d-link routers as well

I haven't extensively tested it yet. All 5 ports show up as one ethernet device, and I haven't figured out how to set up the vlans.

(Last edited by phorn on 21 Sep 2008, 07:22)

The discussion might have continued from here.