OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: new ixp425 board

The content of this topic has been archived on 31 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

any clues on how to hack the code to support a new board
simply need to get coyote-setup.c in the build via a HACK to the .config file ?

is there any clue on how to change openwrt make menuconfig system to select coyote-setup.c ?

i guess one way to hack the system is to STEAL the id of another board and simply change the setup code..for example

any clues on how to modify the system, other than directly changing the .config file ?

THX

hacking the .config file to change the setup code does appear to work, almost
coyote-setup.c was hacked
the boot worked and the SAME result as OE appears
the network worked OK on redboot, but goes up then down then up fails to stay up
so OE and openwrt are now neck and neck .. lol
th0: PHY[5] unresponsive
eth0: PHY[5] responsive again
eth0: PHY[5] unresponsive
eth0: PHY[5] responsive again
eth0: link up, 10Mbps, half-duplex, lpa 0x0006
eth0: link down

open source ixp4xx driver,

as each PHY maker is a bit different,  there must be patches for each board , to
the NPE/ETH driver mdio code.

so ? has anyone seen these patches, that belong to different PHY makers, such as MARVELL

thx

You don't need different patches for different phys - you have to set up the phys right - not to mention that you also have to set up the gpio lines for pci and some other stuff.
Don't "hack" a different board's support code, but rather add your own for the above reasons.

so then openwrt does support various ixp425 boards, then there must be several variations of the mdio /mii code ?
will check the existing/working 2.4 code for hints on how it works, and why the mdio/mii 4xx code from openwrt does not

the existing code DOES show packets coming in.. so some minor fix is needed

the intel NPE supports DSP services , has any of this been made available in the openwrt port ?
i guess one must, scrape over the exising intel ixp400 library to re-create a similiar set of DSP
services.

perhaps getting the intel sw to work in place on openwrt, then part by part replacing it with open source
will be a way forward

I am having problems locating the IPL_ixp400NpeLibrary-2_4.zip file.  Is there a decent way of retrieving this file in order to create a latest kamikaze image? This file is apparently removed from the Intel site ?

(Last edited by acoul on 25 Sep 2007, 08:06)

acoul wrote:

I am having problems locating the IPL_ixp400NpeLibrary-2_4.zip file.  Is there a decent way of retrieving this file in order to create a latest kamikaze image? This file is apparently removed from the Intel site ?

Enter the filename you cite above into Google's search box.
The third or fourth link in the results page is the one you want (beginning http://downloa...)

dboreham wrote:
acoul wrote:

Enter the filename you cite above into Google's search box.
The third or fourth link in the results page is the one you want (beginning http://downloa...)

already did that, I get a bad page: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/12954/e … ry-2_4.zip

thanks for your suggestion anyway.

can some kind soul send me by email: alex_at_ozo_dot_com a pointer to this file.  I would be grateful.

Grab the one with crypto.. Anyways, I'm working on changing how this is handled (Intel changed the license at last)..

Kaloz wrote:

...(Intel changed the license at last)..

they are getting there ... :-) thanks all who mailed me pointers and links !!

by the way, here are some dirt cheap ixp425 4-miniPCI boxes ...

The discussion might have continued from here.