OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: [howto] Go back to my linksys firmware

The content of this topic has been archived on 14 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,

I've used kamikaze 7.09 for a while now, but it is not my thing.
That's the reason that i want to flash it back to the original linksys firmware.
The file that I required from linksys is a bin file.

I used a http kamikaze interface, but i also use putty.
Yesterday i have tried it true the webinterface, but it wont work.

How can i do this on a other method?

My kind regarts,

Erwin

I too would like to remove openWRT and get my router back. DD-WRT is just a much better solution for me. I have never been able to get a webgui from openWRT and have been fighting for a few days now trying to load original firmware back on. I have 7.09 loaded and have telnet access. Figured out how to program LAN/WAN/WIRELESS settings. Problem is Tftp's all fail with time outs. No WEBGUI. I have followed all the threads on this, and just can't seem to get it removed. And this BIN loading problem is confusing to me also. Dont understand how to strip the header. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Use the .bin file from DD-WRT and flash via TFTP.

And yes, OpenWrt is not for end-users...

I answered this today and did it about 2 times yesterday.  I didn't use the linksys firmware but basically the BIOS formats the "hard drive" and installs an operating system for the router.

http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Ins … %28tftp%29

I had to do it because the failsafe mode didn't work on my wrt54g v2.0 and I locked myself out with my firewall.

(Last edited by WrinkledCheese on 28 Apr 2008, 17:56)

core dump in openwrt - is there something in kernel that I need to turn on for core dump.

I used ulimit -c 5000000 and proc core file configuration and it sounds not working

any help are thanks

Hi howardcai,

I'm also looking some mechanism to generate the core file.
I have tried the following way.
$echo 2 > /proc/sys/fs/suid_dumpable
$echo "/path/core.%p" > /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern
$echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/core_uses_pid

In $make menuconfig i have set the Base system -> busybox-> init Utilities-> Enabled the core dump option.

But of no use, still i'm unable to generate the core file...

Did u find solution for same?

The discussion might have continued from here.