OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: AR430W Atheros AR2318 / AR2317 chipset support

The content of this topic has been archived between 8 Feb 2018 and 27 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Guys, any luck using Kamikaze 8.09 on AR430W ?
If yes, can someone post some summary on which files to pick and proceed for install ?

I have 8.09 release working on it including 4-port switch + wan and wifi. Switch by default does not work but once you apply the kernel patch to enable switch it works.

Thanks for replying. Could you please send me some instructions, pointer to patch. I will compile it.
I also need some help in configuring it. Its different from DD_WRT, I notice. Everything need to be configured by hand.

9You don't need to patch any more, the patch has been commited to r15305 (see also https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/4050#comment:38
To configure the switch support, you need to delete the lan and wan-section in /etc/config/network and put in the following:

config 'switch' '0'

option 'vlan1' '0 1 2 3 5*t' 
option 'vlan2' '4 5t'

config 'interface' 'lan'
option 'type' 'bridge' 
option 'proto' 'static' 
option 'ipaddr' '192.168.1.1' 
option 'netmask' '255.255.255.0' 
option 'ifname' 'eth0.1'

config 'interface' 'wan'
option 'ifname' 'eth0.2' 
option 'proto' 'dhcp'
bjo wrote:

9You don't need to patch any more, the patch has been commited to r15305 (see also https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/4050#comment:38
To configure the switch support, you need to delete the lan and wan-section in /etc/config/network and put in the following:

config 'switch' '0'

option 'vlan1' '0 1 2 3 5*t' 
option 'vlan2' '4 5t'

config 'interface' 'lan'
option 'type' 'bridge' 
option 'proto' 'static' 
option 'ipaddr' '192.168.1.1' 
option 'netmask' '255.255.255.0' 
option 'ifname' 'eth0.1'

config 'interface' 'wan'
option 'ifname' 'eth0.2' 
option 'proto' 'dhcp'

Thanks. I guess the lan will bridge to wifi with this. Any suggested firewall config to get started like dd-wrt.
Also let me know which gui is better now.. webif or luci ? Does luci or webif show vlan configs ?

The discussion might have continued from here.