OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: [Howto] Building trunk and WDS/PSK2 configuration on two ASUS Wl-500gP

The content of this topic has been archived on 9 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Building and configuring latest trunk for WDS/PSK2 took me some time to figure out.  Hopefully my writeup of this will help others:

http://josefsson.org/grisslan/wlan.html

Happy hacking,
Simon

Hello!

I've got two ASUS Wl-500gP and I want to connect them in wds mode. I followed your howto, built openwrt form trunk r11993, flashed both routers. The wds link with psk2 is working, but:
the first router is connected to an adsl wired router through the wan port. I can only get internet access while I'm connected to the first router. I cannot connect to the internet while I'm connected to the second router (the wds link between them is working).

About all of the connections:
adsl router    < -->       ASUS Wl-500gP (AP1)      <---->        ASUS Wl-500gP (AP2)     < -->   computer
                  wan port                                                wds                                               lan or wifi
10.0.0.2                      lan: ip 192.168.1.1 (static)            lan: ip 192.168.1.2 (static)
                                          mask 255.255.255.0                    mask 255.255.255.0
                                   wan: ip 10.0.0.10 (dhcp)                     gateway 192.168.1.1
                                          mask 255.0.0.0
                                          gateway 255.0.0.0

With these settings I can ping the adsl router at address 10.0.0.2 from AP2, but I cant get internet access. i couldn't ping 10.0.0.2 from AP2 without adding gateway 192.168.1.1 on lan ip settings.

I couldn't get the internet connection so I've installed dd-wrt. Configured the wds link and I've got the internet connection on booth of them via cable or wifi.

on dd-wrt wds link works flawlessly.

On openwrt still no internet connection... Firewall has to be enabled on AP1 (else no ping to the internet while connected to AP1) - maybe its something with firewall settings??

Thanks in advance for any help.

(Last edited by matt1606 on 29 Jul 2008, 21:16)

The discussion might have continued from here.