It has been quite a while since OpenWrt had a new Kamikaze release. The
developer team has decided that it is time to get things straight and
focus on a new release. This release have the official name: OpenWrt
Kamikaze 808 Release.
The schedule will look like this:
*Last day in July - final release candidate: 808 RC-1
808 RC-1 will be a feature freeze, and all changes after this point will
be bug fixes.
*Last day in August - final release: OpenWrt Kamikaze 808 Release.
OpenWrt Kamikaze 808 Release will focus on bringing the following:
- Firewall rewrite
- Broadcom 47xx running reliably with the new Kernel, not including wifi
- IMQ and Traffic shaping tested with newer kernels, especially 2.6.25
- Sysupgrade for more platforms (x86 is tested again)
- The new web interface (LuCI, Lua Configuration Interface)
- Attention towards the integration of security updates
- Package maintaining and updates between releases
- Testing, testing and lots of testing...
The 808 Release will also include support for several new platforms/targets.
Added to this there will be a need to discuss, and find solutions towards,
how best to solve the 'patch submission process', work on updating the existing
Kamikaze documentation - and finally anyone should feel free to comment and
It is the hope of the OpenWrt developer-group that all users and members
in one way or other will take part in the practical work which will lead
to the OpenWrt Kamikaze Release 808.
WIP-Day in June, July and August will focus on the upcoming 808 Release,
so join #openwrt-devel at UTC 12:00 on the last saturday in the
and on behalf of the
The OpenWrt Team