OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: need advice on whats best for linksys and usb audio and what to read

The content of this topic has been archived on 7 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,

I've read some posts from last year regarding using a Linksys WRTSL54GS and various USB Audio Cards. I am new'ish to OpenWRT, but understand how to flash and some linux basics.

Since the post is were from last year I wanted to know what is the current hardware recommendation for Linksys Routers and Audio.
What document/thread/howto will walk me through getting it to play audio via a usb sound card?

What my Goals are is to:

1. Have the router boot and automatically connect to a specified stream source.
2. Is it possible to route my stream over OpenVPN and have the router using OpenVPN play that stream (perhaps this question doesn't belong here)
3. If the recommended router has a button on it for it to cycle through say stream address 1 and stream address 2, and if possible additional streams.

I am looking specifically for a Linksys recommendation is because I have an unrelated application that already works on Linksys routers, and I don't want to change from what is currently supported.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ron

Yeah you have some understanding of linux but not of using a forum!
Hardware should be in hardware section.

For the rest should in either whiterussian section or the kamikaze.

I was pretty put off buy some of the responses i read on some topics, it seems unfortunate that when people are genuinely seeking assitance that there seems to be a dispropotionate ratio of NASTY posters willing to chime in to ridicule novices.  After reading some of these responses I thought about not bothering to post at all, and instead trying to find my answer elsewhere.  So I took a chance and who bothers to respond some jerk.  so sue me for writing in the wrong area, do you know the answer to my question though?  Could you take a second and actually respond in a more helpful manner, or are you such a repressed slug in your real life that you some how feel empowered by responding to a newb just trying to use cool technology to do something beyond what he currently knows how to do.

I thought since I wanted to know HOWTO do something I should post here, I don't usually deal with forums, and I don't know all your rules, but i do know manners, i even know how to use them, something I think you should try.

rterren

The discussion might have continued from here.