OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: ADD ON MMC Card not recognized

The content of this topic has been archived on 19 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi all :0)

My Router is WRT54GL V1.1
I had it working quite well under Kamikaze 7.09 except for the purpose i was trying to make it : openVPN from router to router
So i decided to upgrade with the brand new Kamikaze 8.09 BUT
- no way to get my MMC SD Card on :0(

I installed by opkg the following
kmod-mmc*

Here is an excerpt of logread
Feb  6 04:45:09 crysane user.warn kernel: gpio-mmc: Failed to request mmc_spi module.
Feb  6 04:45:09 crysane user.warn kernel: mmc_spi spi32756.0: ASSUMING 3.2-3.4 V slot power
Feb  6 04:45:09 crysane user.info kernel: mmc_spi spi32756.0: SD/MMC host mmc0, no DMA, no WP, no poweroff
Feb  6 04:45:09 crysane user.info kernel: gpio-mmc: MMC-Card "default" attached to GPIO pins di=2, do=4, clk=3, cs=7
Feb  6 04:45:09 crysane user.warn kernel: mmc_spi spi32756.0: can't change chip-select polarity
Feb  6 04:45:09 crysane user.err kernel: <Bold>mmc0: error -88 whilst initialising SD card</Bold>

Any help welcome.

Thanks to all

Hi All

I findly got my mind up to normal ...

It works great since you choose the good branch of Kamikaze find that so great "openwrt-brcm-2.4-squashfs.trx"

What a noob... ;0)

HTH

Hi,

I am the same situation with my Fonera 2100. I upgraded  to Kamikaze 8.09
I tried to insert Kingmax 2GB SD card instead of Kingston 2GB and everything is working.
I dont know why at this moment.

Foni

Well... it's quite a good news, isn't it ?

By my side i didn't have the same probkem cause i was just using the bad branch of Kam.
Linksys is a Broadcom chip so 2.4 kernel is needed.

BTW if yu need help just call !

;0)

The discussion might have continued from here.