OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: wrt54gs 1.1 permanently flashed? I can't load new version

The content of this topic has been archived on 17 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I recently found a linksys in my closet that has white russian rc2 on it.  i flashed it back when it was the current version.

I have tried the latest white russian, the latest kamikaze and the latest linksys firmware but to no avail.
i am finding it more difficult to locate docs about the flash process, but i have tried tftp and mtd methods and each time it seems to finish when i reboot it is still white russian rc2.

it is also seeming to forget all settings upon each reboot; root password, installed packages such as webif, etc.
am i missing something when trying to flash (or save settings) with this older version?

HELP!

P.S.
my recent experience is on a wrt54g 3.0 flashed with kamikaze and i have no problems flashing, or saving changes.  but this router seems set in its ways.

(Last edited by speed145 on 14 Apr 2009, 06:20)

I am seriously stumped here... I can't get it to boot into anything but the whiterussian rc2!  do i need to chmod something before performing the mtd?

when i try the mtd method i get some kind of error about cannot write linux... i will get the exact message when i get a chance

have you tried tftp2, seems to work better in my opinion, try flashing to original linksys firmware with it

The discussion might have continued from here.