OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: WDS slow

The content of this topic has been archived on 30 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

HI folks,

I have 2 routers. One is a WRT54GS (we shall call it router1) and the other a WR54G (we shall call it router 2).

Router one has an internet connection and it also running an openvpn in client mode with redirect gateway on (So all traffic goes down the vpn tunnel). Router 1 is also running a wifidog gateway (But i don't think this is causing any problems)

I have set up a WDS between these 2 routers. Everything work sgreat until I try and use 2 devices connected to router 2.

Is just creates a huge bottle neck. If for example I run youtube on one laptop, then try and access a site using my ipod touch (or vice versa), the web is almost unuseable.

Doing the same thing when connected to router 1 everything is fine (So it's not the internet connection)

Any ideas?

Router 2 was orignally running dd-wrt with the same problems so I moved to openwrt but the same thing happens.

Both routers are currently running whiterunnian (router1 is RC6 and router 2 is 0.9 latest)

Cheers

(Last edited by jonnytabpni on 24 Apr 2009, 16:08)

It pretty much that only one client can use the wifi at any one time when connected to route 2.

The discussion might have continued from here.