OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP Link WR1043ND 11n gigabit router

The content of this topic has been archived between 20 Jul 2013 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Yikes, this binary's unstable as hell.. When I installed the QoS scripts through x-wrt , all I did was set the max up/down speeds and switch to advanced settings.. After that I was not able to connect to the router either via wifi or via lan (hard reset didn't help) so I ended up with the all-too-familiar failsafe-delete config-reconfig routine. Has anyone experienced the same issues with their own builds or builds posted in this thread or am I experiencing a fw5-only issue?

@firestart

I have been using the official bins found in the d/l section at openwrt.org.

brifar wrote:

@firestart

I have been using the official bins found in the d/l section at openwrt.org.

Me too, exept some Wifi hang ups rock stable with the same official build...

Have you guys played with the QoS scripts?
As for the backup, has anyone else either successfully backed up their config files or had output issues?

MLPPP is highly necessary for the Canadian market because the cartel (mostly Bell/Rogers with a bit of Telus) is keeping our Internet tighter than in China. Our only hope are independent ISP's like Teksavvy/Caneris/Acanac offering MLPPP, which helps avoid deep packet inspection. That's why I'll stick with this binary even if it's a bit buggy, but I'd like to help the developers create something more stable. If I can compare the problematic functions with upstream OpenWRT functions, there might be clues as to what's an overall bug and what the fw5 branch developers need to tweak.

FiReSTaRT wrote:

Sorry i'm not using QoS at all, my tiny network here is tweaked from client side enough smile

Which kind of backup do you mean? Backup of settings? Or whole flash backup?

@Bad Joker: Just the backup of settings. For some reason it failed to generate a config.tgz file for me.

Hello,

Same old issue... can not connect on 300Mbits. I read previous posts about it and i changed my config file many times:) My question is can I set second channel number?

Currently if primary channel is 3 or less it tries to use some channels with negative numbers. Here it is:

root@OpenWrt:~# wifi up
Configuration file: /var/run/hostapd-phy0.conf
20/40 MHz operation not permitted on channel pri=2 sec=-2 based on overlapping BSSes
Using interface wlan0 with hwaddr 00:27:19:d8:96:c0 and ssid 'myssid'

Actually i don't expect that it will solve the problem because in all the test with different channels the result is:
20/40 MHz operation not permitted on channel pri=X sec=Y based on overlapping BSSes

I just wander if there is an option to set second channel...

The release is r20676. With previous release from shibby it was working on 300Mbits.

tnx in advance:)

FiReSTaRT wrote:

I have installed the luci QOS plugin but cannot actually understand what is hapening. is it possible to create speed limits on an interface. I have setup 2 wireless profiles. One encrypted and the other open (free wifi) I would like to cap the the free wifi with 56kbits down and 16kbits up + a 100MB limit monthly. Is this at all possible?

FiReSTaRT wrote:

. Has anyone experienced the same issues with their own builds or builds posted in this thread or am I experiencing a fw5-only issue?

I need to reset my two tp links three time to original config with openwrt official backfire 10.30 final build.

brifar wrote:

Hi Tom,
if you are going to be using openwrt or different firmware on the router I do suggest having a serial/usb cable to connect to the router.
If your soldering skills are not good, not that any special level is required, you can ask someone to install the header on the board for you and the you can buy a serial board from here
http://www.compsys1.com/workbench/On_to … apter.html or do the nokia usb cable mod. I personally made a cct board on a bradboard of the first adapter.

Remember the soldering is required only once.

Another option is to return the device as faulty maybe it gets replaced under warranty smile

Anyway Good luck yikes)

Ok I bought the Nokia USB cable and connected it, I also see now the output from the console (http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr1043nd?s[]=installation&s[]=using&s[]=tftp&s[]=rs232&s[]=method#recovery.via.serial.console)! Next step would be "Press tpl during this 1 second period. Then continue with OEM installation using  the TFTP and RS232  method" but I can't find the TPL switch or button. What exactly that means?

Regards
Tom

@Tom S.

Great! Happy you have console access to your router.
"pressing TPL" means you have to type tpl with the keyboard and press enter
you will get to ar7100> prompt..or something like that
then download and install TFTPd32 server and connect a utp cable between router(ports 1-4) andfollow these instuctions
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr1043nd?s[]=installation&s[]=using&s[]=tftp&s[]=rs232&s[]=method#oem.installation.using.the.tftp.and.rs232.method

I have installed the luci QOS plugin but cannot actually understand what is hapening. is it possible to create speed limits on an interface. I have setup 2 wireless profiles. One encrypted and the other open (free wifi) I would like to cap the the free wifi with 56kbits down and 16kbits up + a 100MB limit monthly. Is this at all possible?

I didn't get that far into it.. As soon as I opened advanced settings for Nbd's QoS Scripts in X-WRT, I lost all of the connectivity and needed to delete the configuration.

@mgiammarco

I need to reset my two tp links three time to original config with openwrt official backfire 10.30 final build.

You had to do that because you tried to configure the QoS scripts or doing something else?

FiReSTaRT wrote:

I didn't get that far into it.. As soon as I opened advanced settings for Nbd's QoS Scripts in X-WRT, I lost all of the connectivity and needed to delete the configuration.

so you are using webif?

brifar wrote:
FiReSTaRT wrote:

so you are using webif?

Yes wink

webif is xwrt

@Firestart - run router in Failsafe mode and use firstboot command.

Hello,
I need some help here. I'm trying to make port base vlans and igmp snooping on WR1043ND .

I have, a datasheet for rtl8366/rtl8369 ver 1.1, but the registers not mach or maybe I have, a mistake some ware.

In datasheet register 0x0000 /Global Control/ byte 6 is for Enable IGMP. The byte is set as 1 but the IGMP not work.

Can anybody help me to find right datasheet for this switch or to tell me what registers I have to writhe for IGMP.

My English is very bad, sorry about that.

Thanks shibby.. I'll give it a shot later on today, when I'm a bit less busy smile

FiReSTaRT wrote:

@mgiammarco

You had to do that because you tried to configure the QoS scripts or doing something else?

No I was trying wpa and 802.11s. BTW between two tplink I get only 44mbit. I hoped for more.

@shibby hi,i try check TTL cable ,is work, input something, i can see loop-back.
but i stall can't access console...

http://pic.yupoo.com/chenshaoju/955229275660/hpn8iwsc.png

when you see "Autobooting in 1 seconds#" now you have to quick put tpl. then you should see ar7100>
. Now you can install new firmware using tftp smile If you dont know how, please write.

@shibby i know ,but is continue booting and freeze...

http://pic.yupoo.com/chenshaoju/812369279831/3io9b7hx.png

chenshaoju wrote:

@shibby i know ,but is continue booting and freeze...

You need to press enter after tpl

i try type tpl and press enter,not work....

http://pic.yupoo.com/chenshaoju/729769279d3a/a8ngklfp.png

and you say is "Autobooting in 1 seconds#" ,but my route is no # symbol,just "Autobooting in 1 seconds".

it ok?

chenshaoju wrote:

i try type tpl and press enter,not work....

and you say is "Autobooting in 1 seconds#" ,but my route is no # symbol,just "Autobooting in 1 seconds".

it ok?

Hi,
can you use putty http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/x86/putty.exe instead of this application.
Also can you check that the rx cable is connected properly as I think that you are typing in the console but the router might not be receiving the data.

just a hunch I have.

(Last edited by brifar on 13 Apr 2010, 09:22)

Sorry, posts 551 to 550 are missing from our archive.