OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP Link WR1043ND 11n gigabit router

The content of this topic has been archived between 20 Jul 2013 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

@playdude

thx for updating the wiki.

here is just another note which might be interesting for new users.

Doing a complete system backup with
(first look at /proc/mtd which partition is linked to firmware. at my router it was mtd5)

dd if=/dev/mtd5 of=/tmp/sysbackup.bin

will write the whole firmware partiton to the /tmp directory (which reside on the ramdisk)

copy the file sysbackup.bin with e.g. winscp to your pc.

restore is easy with copy the file back to the router (e.g. with winscp)
and then at the shh do a

mtd -r write /tmp/sysbackup.bin firmware

will do the trick.

or you can flash back the file sysbackup.bin with "luci firmware upgrade" (untick "keep configuration files), which might be interesting for cloning the router.

cu
tom

(Last edited by supertom64 on 8 Jun 2010, 11:18)

@gspiliot

Thanks for your information.

That sounds not good. Then i will run at the moment my router with the chanell 7.

How about to open a bug report for Milestone?
https://dev.openwrt.org/query?group=sta … re+10.03.1

Best regards Robert

I would like to know how to set stp in the hardware switch of wr1043. Not in the linux port (port 5) but in the switch chip.

Thanks!

Mario

Hi there,
i am also interested in this device and i already saw that there is a way to Upgrade the Ram on it.

But for me more interesting would be if it is possible to upgrade it to a second USB Port?
Also in Post #615 orca asked if it is possible to solder even more ram to the board, like 128MB.
I know this is working with my current device (a Wl-500gP) but there you also have 2 two Ram Chips.

Has anybody tried this yet?

darkside40 wrote:

Hi there,
i am also interested in this device and i already saw that there is a way to Upgrade the Ram on it.

But for me more interesting would be if it is possible to upgrade it to a second USB Port?

Why not use an USB-Hub? >> http://geizhals.at/deutschland/?cat=kabhub

Does anybody know, how much power it (the wr1043nd) can provie through its USB?

darkside40 wrote:

Also in Post #615 orca asked if it is possible to solder even more ram to the board, like 128MB.
I know this is working with my current device (a Wl-500gP) but there you also have 2 two Ram Chips.

Has anybody tried this yet?

I don't mind sombedy trying it out, but I was looking for a way to check this without trying it. What does it depend on?
For exmple, on x86 machines it usually is a BIOS/Board issue only and got nothing to do with the CPU...

A kind of an alternative is to mount 2 SWAP-Partitions and mount the tmp on one of them. If you use only one partition, the decision what code remains in the RAM and which on goes on the SWAP is made by the software. I have no clue, how good it's decisions are. My (single) SWAP is barely used and the tmp only 1% "full". Which is a huge waste. I am currently testing extroot, too. Everything but the bootloader on an huge USB Partition. => easy upgrades? ;-)

The (only) intriguig thing about this device so far, is it's low power consumption. Without it, I would rig up a x86-Board and run a rock-stable debian on it. Easy install, easy upgrades, huge performance boost and much more RAM. Without spending money, I'd have 1GiB. The power consumtion is the problem. It's got to be around 5W.

Although I am not using samba/nfs that often it bothers me, that I can read with only 10MB/s and write with only 5-6MB/s. I was hoping for a solid 40MB/s read-write.

Well, 10/5MiB/s aren't that bad, and with a RAM endowment of 128MiB (minimum), it should be fine for a couple of years. Transmission is running on it, I'm thinking of setting up /tor/ on it, too. maybe mail... you just gotta love the OpenSource-World. Of course, we will need security patches and easy upgrades for that to work out well... everything is exposed.

>>>>>> Besides contributing to the wiki and spreading the word, what else it there to do?

As mentioned above, as soon as there are better performing machines with the same power consumption, I would most probably turn my back on OpenWrt and use Debian. But I do not expect this to happen all too soon, which means I see a point in putting a fair amount of effort into OpenWrt.

Guys, what do you think?

Orca i think what you are searching for is a GuruPlug Server wink

But i think this is going too far in an offtopic direction.

And why no USB- Hub, cause it need's extra energy.
Maybe i should try extending my Wl-500gP to 128MB instead, but then i have no GBit Lan and no 802.11n.

Greetings.

I got the 1043ND and currently running DD-WRT.
But I can't seemed to get the print server service going.
anybody had tried to convert from DD WRT to Open WRT ?
do i have to convert to Factory firmware first, or I can flash OpenWRT from DDWRT's GUI ?

regards,
iwan

shibby wrote:
Bad Joker wrote:

Yes, shibby already has prepared a 10.03 Backfire:

http://openwrt.groov.pl/WR1043NDv1/blackfire-10.3/

He has to post the changelog here in english wink

Thanks shibby!
Keep in mind that shibby's release normally does not has a webinterface! Install like other packages with "opkg luci" or "opkg webif"...

true smile i fixed today my mistake in dirname (backfire - not blackfire)

well officially... my release - backfire 10.3 - r20749

Changelog, info, download: http://openwrt.groov.pl/WR1043NDv1/backfire-10.3/

there is also readme in english smile

GL & HF

Hi Shibby.

I'm planning to flash your precompiled image.
I noticed there's several files on the mentioned folders.

config
config_gui
factory.bin
factory_gui.bin
sysupgrade.bin
sysupgrade_gui.bin

I assume the factory.bin means the image i would flash if i'm running factory firmware
while sysupgrae.bin si the image i would flash if i'm already running other version of openwrt.

what are the other files for ?
and while you're at it, I'm currently running DD WRT, should i revert back to original tplink's firmware or i can flash your image directly from ddwrt''s gui ?

thanks !

regards,
iwan

tomi7711 wrote:

Anybody use shibby's firmware? Installed plowshare but not working... sad
How to download from rapidshare premium under OpenWrT???

root@OpenWrt:~# plowdown
/usr/bin/lib.sh: line 250: /dev/fd/62: No such file or directory
Usage: plowdown [OPTIONS] [MODULE_OPTIONS] URL|FILE [URL|FILE ...]

I ve got the same problem, but it s easy to correct.
"/dev/fd/62: No such file or directory" is a missing symlink.

ln -s /proc/self/fd /dev/fd    --- will set the missing link.
Worked for me, no more trouble with rapidshare

Greetings Schindi

Hmm ... after a reboot the symlink is gone and must be set again.
Ok i put  ln -s /proc/self/fd /dev/fd to rc.local to create the link at startup. Worked for me

(Last edited by Schindi on 10 Jun 2010, 17:13)

I'm wondering if anyone is using ipv6 with shibbys image. I'm unable to load the ipv6 module:

root@aquinas:~# insmod ipv6
insmod: can't insert 'ipv6': unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter

- Rob

Hi all
can any where here me say plese what this is on my router ???

BusyBox v1.15.3 (2010-04-15 18:30:37 CEST) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

_______                     ________        __
|       |.-----.-----.-----.|  |  |  |.----.|  |_
|   -   ||  _  |  -__|     ||  |  |  ||   _||   _|
|_______||   __|_____|__|__||________||__|  |____|
          |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M
Backfire (10.03, latest version. Always.) ---------
  * 1/3 shot Kahlua    In a shot glass, layer Kahlua
  * 1/3 shot Bailey's  on the bottom, then Bailey's,
  * 1/3 shot Vodka     then Vodka.
----------( by obsy, http://eko.one.pl/ )----------
root@OpenWrt:~# netstat -a
Active Internet connections (servers and established)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       
tcp        0      0 www.mygirlfriendvids.net:139 www.mygirlfriendvids.net:* LISTEN     
tcp        0      0 www.mygirlfriendvids.net:9100 www.mygirlfriendvids.net:* LISTEN     
tcp        0      0 www.mygirlfriendvids.net:80 www.mygirlfriendvids.net:* LISTEN     
tcp        0      0 www.mygirlfriendvids.net:22 www.mygirlfriendvids.net:* LISTEN     
tcp        0      0 www.mygirlfriendvids.net:443 www.mygirlfriendvids.net:* LISTEN     
tcp        0      0 www.mygirlfriendvids.net:445 www.mygirlfriendvids.net:* LISTEN     
tcp        0      0 192.168.14.250:22          :57436          ESTABLISHED
netstat: /proc/net/tcp6: No such file or directory
udp        0      0 192.168.14.250:137      www.mygirlfriendvids.net:*             
udp        0      0 www.mygirlfriendvids.net:137 www.mygirlfriendvids.net:*             
udp        0      0 192.168.14.250:138      www.mygirlfriendvids.net:*             
udp        0      0 www.mygirlfriendvids.net:138 www.mygirlfriendvids.net:*             
udp        0      0 192.168.14.250:123      sinister.wzw.tum.de:123 ESTABLISHED
netstat: /proc/net/udp6: No such file or directory
netstat: /proc/net/raw6: No such file or directory
Active UNIX domain sockets (servers and established)
Proto RefCnt Flags       Type       State         I-Node Path
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                       916 /var/run/hostapd-phy0/wlan0
unix  5      [ ]         DGRAM                       300 /dev/log
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                      1060
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                      1048
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                       495
root@OpenWrt:~# ping www.mygirlfriendvids.net
PING www.mygirlfriendvids.net (0.0.0.0): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.223 ms
64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.159 ms
64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.154 ms
64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: seq=3 ttl=64 time=0.159 ms
64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: seq=4 ttl=64 time=0.163 ms

--- www.mygirlfriendvids.net ping statistics ---
5 packets transmitted, 5 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 0.154/0.171/0.223 ms

my router is back by a ipcop
a trojaner or mailware on openwrt ???

thanks dara2

Greetings!!

I've a Linksys WRT54GL currently running OpenWRT Kamikaze 8.09 with X-WRT.
Following the steps in this guide MRoute I set up two WAN connections for a dualwan setup with load balancing (I've two adsl lines and two modems connected right now). It rans rock solid for months with various clients connected.
However i've two problems: first, network transfers over wifi are very slow (as opposed to 100 Mhbps cable of course) so I'm wondering if it would be appropiate to move to wireless-N to increase speed.
Second, the flash memory of the unit is 4 mb only, which is not enough space to install all the packages I need. Some time ago I tried to do the sd-mod, soldering a SD card to the board, but it did not work (I tried several guides with no success). So, having the USB port would be very helpful.

Therefore, taking this two points in mind, I assume the TPLink TL-WR1043ND is the appropiate for the job. But... It would be possible to have the setup I've described above with this router?

Some posts ago I seemed to read that there were some "incompatibilities" between the MIPS in this router and some packages (I wonder if this affects the "mroute" package) and also, and more important, I don't know if it is possible to re-assing a LAN port to WAN port in this unit.

If anyone can clarify me these doubts I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance and excuse my terrible english (I'm from Argentina).

Leo.

@dara2: problem in your dns, IMO.

@dara: DO NOT take images from people you DO NOT TRUST!

Most people take vanilla, so this is widely used and if there were problems, somebody would already have noticed.

It is not such a big deal anyway to build/compile your own image. Use the wiki.

@leoforti

Why don't you take a look? The official vanilla 10.03 stable packages are found here:

http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/1 … /packages/

For 10.03 trunk you look here:

http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/ … /packages/

(Last edited by Orca on 12 Jun 2010, 23:11)

supertom64 wrote:

@playdude

here is just another note which might be interesting for new users.

Doing a complete system backup with
(first look at /proc/mtd which partition is linked to firmware. at my router it was mtd5)

dd if=/dev/mtd5 of=/tmp/sysbackup.bin

While you were playing with the mtd partitions, did you find the u-boot variables that fw_printenv accesses?

I've looked at the partition table definition in backfire/build_dir/linux-ar71xx/linux-2.6.32.10/arch/mips/ar71xx/mach-tl-wr1043nd.c but the only one that looks the right size is the art partition and I've no idea what 'art' starts for!!

I've tried the parameters in my /etc/fw_env.config but it comes up with bad CRC and just displays the defaults they obviously use in factory testing (been there - done that!!). Does anyone have a good set of values for the wr1043?

root@tplink:~# cat /etc/fw_env.config
# Configuration file for fw_(printenv/saveenv) utility.
# MTD device name       Device offset   Env. size       Flash sector size
/dev/mtd4               0x7f0000        0x10000         0x10000
root@tplink:~# fw_printenv
Warning: Bad CRC, using default environment
bootcmd=bootp; setenv bootargs root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=${serverip}:${rootpath} ip=${ipaddr}:${serverip}:${gatewayip}:${netmask}:${hostname}::off; bootm
bootdelay=5
baudrate=115200

Cheers

Hi!
because of the problem that Openfire wont work in my setup (i need two VLAN dot1q trunks) i´ve downgraded all my wrtg54gl back to kamikaze, but for the tplink wr1043nd i found no image für kamikaze, openfire is already installed but vlan trunking still wont work.
wiki told me to create my own image but for kamikaze i cant find the ipks for kmod-ath9k and wpad-mini
I´m no pro but a little more than beginner to linux/openwrt wink so if someone can give me some hints please!

Maddin

OpenFire image is no problem to create because ethk9 and wpad are available

More mtd info - I dumped mtd0 to an nfs mount and ran strings on it and I find the following (with addresses):

1aa30 bootargs=console=ttyS0,115200 root=31:02 rootfstype=jffs2 init=/sbin/init mtdparts=ar9100-nor0:128k(u-boot),1024k(kernel),4096k(rootfs),64k(art)
  1aac1 bootcmd=bootm 0xbf020000
  1aada bootdelay=1
  1aae6 baudrate=115200
  1aaf6 ethaddr=00:1D:0F:11:22:33
  1ab10 ipaddr=192.168.0.2
  1ab23 serverip=192.168.0.5

With these odd addresses I can't see how fw_printenv and fw-setenv can work - I'd expect the nvram data to be on an erase boundary.

Anyone got any clues?

Cheers

Can someone explain why the backfire 10.03 openwrt-ar71xx-tl-wr1043nd-v1-squashfs-factory.bin image size is 8126464 bytes?  Because as seen in the dmesg output (below) "firmware" partition size is only 8192000 bytes, that is exactly 1 block (64kB; 65536 bytes) less than the size of the image.  Does this mean that when flashing factory image the "art" partition is also overwritten (because it's starting address is right after "firmware" partition, and it's size is also 1 block)?

And, what is "art" partition used for?

dmesg output:

Creating 5 MTD partitions on "spi0.0":
0x000000000000-0x000000020000 : "u-boot"
0x000000020000-0x000000160000 : "kernel"
0x000000160000-0x0000007f0000 : "rootfs"
mtd: partition "rootfs" set to be root filesystem
mtd: partition "rootfs_data" created automatically, ofs=2A0000, len=550000
0x0000002a0000-0x0000007f0000 : "rootfs_data"
0x0000007f0000-0x000000800000 : "art"
0x000000020000-0x0000007f0000 : "firmware"

just to understand... the supporto to wifi n will be possible? or is just now possible trought software modify?

Hello!
Today I bought new WR1043NDv3. That big surprise for me but I can't open web-interface and reset button not work. Further investigation yielded results: someone in store already flash to router KAMIKAZE r20676 OpenWRT build. I hope you help me to flash original firmware or DD-WRT. I know it' newbie question but I hope revert to another firmware not requre deep OpenWRT understanding.

What I already trying to do:

root@(none):/# opkg update
Collected errors:
 * opkg_conf_init: Could not create lock file /var/lock/opkg.lock: No such file or directory.

root@(none):/# passwd
passwd: /etc/passwd: Read-only file system
passwd: can't update password file /etc/passwd

root@(none):/# /etc/init.d/dropbear start
mv: can't remove '/etc/dropbear/dropbear_dss_host_key': Read-only file system
mv: can't remove '/etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_host_key': Read-only file system
chown: /etc/dropbear: Read-only file system
chmod: /etc/dropbear: Read-only file system

How to mount file-system in write-mode? mount_root not do this in my case.
Where I can find link to *boot* original firmware? Or maybe I can flash this DD-WRT builds?

Thanks in advance!

(Last edited by RussianNeuroMancer on 19 Jun 2010, 14:56)

frackers wrote:

More mtd info - I dumped mtd0 to an nfs mount and ran strings on it and I find the following (with addresses):

1aa30 bootargs=console=ttyS0,115200 root=31:02 rootfstype=jffs2 init=/sbin/init mtdparts=ar9100-nor0:128k(u-boot),1024k(kernel),4096k(rootfs),64k(art)
  1aac1 bootcmd=bootm 0xbf020000
  1aada bootdelay=1
  1aae6 baudrate=115200
  1aaf6 ethaddr=00:1D:0F:11:22:33
  1ab10 ipaddr=192.168.0.2
  1ab23 serverip=192.168.0.5

With these odd addresses I can't see how fw_printenv and fw-setenv can work - I'd expect the nvram data to be on an erase boundary.

Anyone got any clues?

Cheers

This is my first post on this board, and I'm no expert in this topic. But it seems to me that "saveenv" doesn't work, because there is no "saveenv" partition. That is also the reason nobody can find it wink

You don't have to hack the machine code, as the sources for the u-boot are available at http://www.tp-link.com/support/gpl.asp . Just select TL-WR1043ND, and in the .tar.gz file you file find u-boot-ap83.tar.bz2 file.

The settings are hard coded in the code, in the event that there is no valid saveenv partition. And there is none.

The listing from the first page of this topic:

U-Boot 1.1.4 (Sep 15 2009 - 09:41:38)

AP83 (ar9100) U-boot 0.0.11
DRAM:
sri
32 MB
id read 0x100000ff
flash size 8MB, sector count = 128
Flash:  8 MB
Using default environment

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:   ag7100_enet_initialize...
No valid address in Flash. Using fixed address
: cfg1 0xf cfg2 0x7114
eth0: 00:03:7f:09:0b:ad
eth0 up
eth0
Autobooting in 1 seconds## Booting image at bf020000 ...
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK

Starting kernel ...

The code that does this is in /u-boot-ap83/cpu/mips/ar7100/ag7100.c file:

/* Use fixed address if the above address is invalid */
    if (mac[0] == 0xff && mac[5] == 0xff) {
        mac[0] = 0x00;
        mac[1] = 0x03;
        mac[2] = 0x7f;
        mac[3] = 0x09;
        mac[4] = 0x0b;
        mac[5] = 0xad;
        printf("No valid address in Flash. Using fixed address\n");
    } else {
        printf("Fetching MAC Address from 0x%p\n", __func__, eeprom);
    }

The settings of ethaddr, ipaddr, serverip are hard coded in the ap83.h file:

#define CONFIG_IPADDR        192.168.0.2
#define CONFIG_SERVERIP        192.168.0.5
#define CONFIG_ETHADDR        00:1D:0F:11:22:33 //00:00:00:00:00:00
#define CFG_FAULT_ECHO_LINK_DOWN    1
#define CONFIG_PHY_GIGE       1              /* GbE speed/duplex detect */

//#define CFG_VSC8601_PHY
//#define CFG_VITESSE_8601_7395_PHY 1
#define CFG_AG7100_NMACS 1 // 2 /* changed by lsz 14Nov08 */
#define CONFIG_AR9100 1
//#define CFG_PHY_ADDR 0x14  /* Port 4 */
#define CFG_PHY_ADDR 0  /* Port 4 */
#define CFG_GMII     0
#define CFG_MII0_RGMII             1

#define CFG_BOOTM_LEN    (16 << 20) /* 16 MB */
#undef DEBUG    /* del by lsz 14Nov08 */
#undef CFG_HUSH_PARSER
#undef CFG_PROMPT_HUSH_PS2 "hush>"

As you can see, the fw_env.config contains this:

# Configuration file for fw_(printenv/saveenv) utility.
# Up to two entries are valid, in this case the redundand
# environment sector is assumed present.

# MTD device name    Device offset    Env. size    Flash sector size
/dev/mtd1        0x0000        0x4000        0x4000
/dev/mtd2        0x0000        0x4000        0x4000

It obvious that sector (erase) sizes are not 0x4000. There is some info about fw_env.config at http://elinux.org/U-boot_environment_variables_in_linux . But neither setting is correct, otherwise the u-boot wouldn't compain that there is "No valid address in Flash." It makes sense, however, to hard code these few strings, to save the limited flash space.

I want to make my customized image for a larger deployment, but tinkering with the code will surely sooner or later result in a "bricked" router. It would be better, than messing with soldering cables, to customize u-boot to listen for 5 seconds before booting the OS, whether there is an incoming TFTP. Or to enter the safe mode, if you pressed the QSS or whatever button.

The u-boot sources should make a bootable binary. Otherwise TP LINK is bound to release all the code to make it workable. It don't have the EEPROM programmer, in case there is a bad flash, so I would ask someone, if he can try to customize the u-boot sources to make it listen to incoming TFTP image. This would also reduce the number of "bricked" cases, where only serial or JTAG help. The u-boot sources are also present for in the source code TL-WR941ND V4 and TL-WR741ND V1, and the code structure is similar for them. Maybe people would be more inclined to make their own customized images and change sources, if it were easier to recover from a bad flash.

Another option is that, if we look at listing from original firmware (page 1 of this topic):

Creating 5 MTD partitions on "ar7100-nor0":
0x00000000-0x00020000 : "boot"
0x00020000-0x00120000 : "kernel"
0x00120000-0x007e0000 : "rootfs"
0x007e0000-0x007f0000 : "config"
0x007f0000-0x00800000 : "art"

mtd0 is boot, mtd1 is kernel, mtd2 is rootfs. They don't contain a valid "saveenv", do they? But it shouldn't be too hard to create a mtd1 0x4000 big partition (squeezed between u-boot and kernel), containing a valid saveenv environment big_smile
Edit: Or rather mtd2 partition between kernel and rootfs as 0x00020000 is hard coded as kernel's start address. But that I think, this can be changed in saveenv to eg. 0x00024000, so that mtd2 kernel could start from there. Anyhow, it would be better to modify u-boot code, as 0x4000 bytes would be saved.

Evaldas, I also tried to find, whether there is something in the TP-LINK sources (whole package, not only u-boot) containing either "art" or 'art' (with either single or double quotes) - I couldn't find any references to it. Without qoutes, there are just too many words like STart&PartITION to go through the search results manually (I used the built-in search, otherwise someone should search with something more powerful for single word of "art"). But it is probably referenced by its address (either flash chip size minus 0x1000 or absolute 0x007f0000). I think the partition is useless for OpenWRT as it is used only for saving the original firmware's settings to its "NVRAM". The MAC and PIN number are written in mtd0 at its end - 1fc000 and 1fe000 respectively. If overwriting the u-boot code, make sure that 1f0000-1fffff erase block is not overwritten, as it contains MAC and PIN numbers.

Nough said...

(Last edited by 0x00 on 19 Jun 2010, 19:43)

RussianNeuroMancer wrote:

Hello!
Today I bought new WR1043NDv3. That big surprise for me but I can't open web-interface and reset button not work. Further investigation yielded results: someone in store already flash to router KAMIKAZE r20676 OpenWRT build. I hope you help me to flash original firmware or DD-WRT. I know it' newbie question but I hope revert to another firmware not requre deep OpenWRT understanding.

What I already trying to do:

root@(none):/# opkg update
Collected errors:
 * opkg_conf_init: Could not create lock file /var/lock/opkg.lock: No such file or directory.

root@(none):/# passwd
passwd: /etc/passwd: Read-only file system
passwd: can't update password file /etc/passwd

root@(none):/# /etc/init.d/dropbear start
mv: can't remove '/etc/dropbear/dropbear_dss_host_key': Read-only file system
mv: can't remove '/etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_host_key': Read-only file system
chown: /etc/dropbear: Read-only file system
chmod: /etc/dropbear: Read-only file system

How to mount file-system in write-mode? mount_root not do this in my case.
Where I can find link to *boot* original firmware? Or maybe I can flash this DD-WRT builds?

Thanks in advance!

i resolve that error this afternoon
using firstboot you can write and set passwd
second if you dont have internet access from router, you can create a ftp server in your pc with a firmware image conecting from router to your pc ftp.

cd /tmp/
wget ftp://ip_pc/image_firm

mtd -r write image_frim firmware

wait and you will have a fresh firmware install.

(Last edited by lechucks on 19 Jun 2010, 20:28)

... to free up some ram.

" An easy way to free up some RAM is to delete the symlinks to /etc/modules.d/20-mac80211 and /etc/modules.d/27-ath9k and reboot "

this is part of the wiki (http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr1043nd) ... could somebody add the command-line for that in the wiki? Is this correct?

# rm /etc/modules.d/20-mac80211
# rm /etc/modules.d/27-ath9k

(Last edited by meta96 on 19 Jun 2010, 21:55)

lechucks wrote:

second if you dont have internet access from router, you can create a ftp server in your pc with a firmware image conecting from router to your pc ftp.

cd /tmp/
wget ftp://ip_pc/image_firm

mtd -r write image_frim firmware

wait and you will have a fresh firmware install.

There is no difference what firmware I will use? What about "boot" word in firmware filename?
What exactly firmware you use for flashing? One of this?

RussianNeuroMancer wrote:

There is no difference what firmware I will use? What about "boot" word in firmware filename?
What exactly firmware you use for flashing? One of this?

The firmware file wr1043nv1_en_3_11_5_up(100427).bin in the zip file here has no word "boot" in it so you don't need to dd it before flashing with mtd.
http://www.tp-link.com/support/toDownlo … 0311%2Ezip

Sorry, posts 651 to 650 are missing from our archive.