OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: D-Link DIR-600 A1 or Frys FR-54RTR

The content of this topic has been archived between 6 Feb 2018 and 29 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

AWD_Guy wrote:

Thanks.
Basically, the 54RTR was just acting as an AP. No DHCP, etc. Hosts have no problem talking routed to Internet off BEFSR81, but can't pass broadcast traffic and thus can't find each other over netbios "browser" name resolution. Need to do more testing, but the same configuration works fine on the D-link firmware. Do I have to define an uplink or trunk port in OpenWRT or something to pass broadcasts or support multiple MAC addresses coming in on a LAN port?

Host <wire> BEFSR81 <wire> FR-54RTR <wireless> Host

Just to clarify, BEFSR81 is connected to a LAN port on the FR-54RTR and not a WAN port?

I have not tried that configuration.

hello..

monte wrote:

Just to clarify, BEFSR81 is connected to a LAN port on the FR-54RTR and not a WAN port?

I have not tried that configuration.

Yes, LAN port, not WAN for all <Wire> connections. Only WAN port on BEFSR81 in use to Internet.

Basically we are taking about daisy chaining switches LAN port to LAN port.

DHCP is passing/working correctly to BEFSR81 from FR-54RTR wireless which makes it that much weirder. The FR-54RTR appears to pass outbound broadcasts but not inbound.

I will do some better testing/tracing later in the week or next weekend.

i've been doing some searches trying to find out how to configure the led's on the Fr-54rtr  other than the wireless  led indicator I've not had any luck.

Has anyone had sucess with any of the others or has this been documented any where that i've not found yet?

thank you in advance 

trav

who has DIR-600A1 u-boot?my router died......:( and sad produces

The discussion might have continued from here.