OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Only have 0kb available on filesystem /

The content of this topic has been archived on 2 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello

I have Asus WL-500g Deluxe and Backfire (10.03, r20728) installed.
Now I want to install some packages but I get the following error:

Only have 0kb available on filesystem /

the dh -h commad writes out:

Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                 1.9M      1.9M         0 100% /rom
tmpfs                    14.5M      1.1M     13.4M   7% /tmp
tmpfs                   512.0K         0    512.0K   0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock3            1.0M    248.0K    776.0K  24% /overlay
mini_fo:/overlay          1.9M      1.9M         0 100% /

what happened with /jffs? It is now /overlay?

How to gain back the space of /jffs that I had in Kamikaze?

Thank`s for the answers.

Have a nice day,
vedro

Right, /overlay is what used to be /jffs. Also copy /rom/etc/opkg.conf to /etc/opkg.conf - this should solve the error above.

I know this is old thread, but I want to know why copying /rom/etc/opkg.conf to /etc/opkg.conf solve the problem?

Just recently I flashed my old WRT54GL with Backfire 10.03.1 (brcm2.4) and the same thing happened to me. I read (...well skimmed) several wiki pages to understand the problem and if I understand correctly /overlay should be checked first for a file (opkg.conf in this case) and if it didn't exist then the one from /rom will be used. On my clean install of OpenWRT both /rom and /overlay has same opkg.conf's content, but still 0kb available. After 'cp /rom/etc/opkg.conf /overlay/etc/opkg.conf' (NOT /etc/opkg.conf if I remember correctly) now suddenly I have 1.4MB available big_smile.

Thank you,
Namaku Jiro

/rom is (was) pointing directly to the squashfs it cannot be modified.  Mounting / to /rom means that your whole rootfs is only the immutable squashfs, thus there is no free space.

Script mount_root is provided in BB to remount with an overlay, which should be done automatically during the first boot once the jffs has been formatted, but I don't know if that is how earlier versions work.

(Last edited by mk24 on 2 May 2015, 15:15)

The discussion might have continued from here.