OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-Link WA701ND v1

The content of this topic has been archived between 1 Oct 2014 and 2 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

nebbia88 wrote:

tried "only" routed client+ap configuration, seems to do it's job ^^

don't know what you mean by repeater, but be aware that openwrt does not support client bridge (+ap) with arp-nat, if that's your goal stock firmware with Universal Repeater mode is the way (or wait for Gargoyle...)...

I am trying to setup WDS+AP network using such an access points.
Is it possible to do this?

(currently it was only possible to create WDS network where wireless clients can see each other, but can't see the router connected to an AP by Ethernet).

Is there any workaround ?

Got the TP-Link working. Thanks to Foks/Dondos/Nebbia88 and others here.

Hello friends! Excuse me for the English, I am from Argentina. I don't know too much about OpenWRT.
I have the WA701ND V1.1 Access Point.
I installed the OpenWRT Firmware (I don't know what version installed), but I only can access to AP via SSH.
Apparently the AP now has no web GUI.
How I can install a full version of OpenWRT?
What image file should I install to get a Web GUI?

hi folks,
thanks to everybody that is working on this project, i have a TP-Link WA701ND v1.2 and i installed a version of openwrt without web GUI i was playing arroud with it and i confugured him to brigde mode, receive via rj45(cable) and  spread the signal via wireless, it work's perfectly, however, i lost ssh acess, i tried the method of failsafe (with reset and with qss button) and the system light keep blinking real fast but i cant telnet or ssh to any port, i ping and it works but i cant telnet or ssh, i already tried everything, right now im desperate, is it too hard to do it via serial??
if anyone could help me i am really aprecciated,
btw: sorry about the english

Ping but no telnet in failsafe mode??? Never seen such a strange behaviour..
What image did you use (link!)??

thanks nebbia88
i already fixed, for all those who have the same problem, just connect him to a router via cable and connect your pc to the router via cable too then enter  in falisafe mode telnet on 192.168.1.1, then you only have about 30 seconds because the connection goes down,
mount_root;
passwd;
mtd -r erase rootfs_data;
then its the usual, connect via ssh and here you go,

Now i have another dawght i hope you can help me  i flashed a image than has no web interface, can someone point me to the best way to transfer the software to the device, i already try ftp server, and i canĀ“t  do it, either on windows or on linux
, thanks all

winscp?

protocol?

Scp?

But this is only to transfer files.. I cannot understand if you want to install luci?? Use opkg!

Or use the stable branch that has gui..

(Last edited by nebbia88 on 21 Feb 2013, 22:48)

Hello good I have a problem I upgraded TP-Link WA701ND v1.2 to version you have here and I can not enter winscp mistake me write 192.168.1.1 root password and password I can not I have to do to enter the router and configure

(Last edited by Peri on 29 Mar 2013, 12:31)

telnet???

I have a version 2.1, has anyone tried that? When I tried to upgrade the firmware (openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wa701n-v1-jffs2-sysupgrade.bin) through the webinterface, it says:

Error code: 18005
Upgrade unsuccessfully because the version of the upgraded file was incorrect. Please check the file name.

cdtr1993 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y7-bPp7WeU
this is my problem, please someone help me sad(
is it possible to unbrick via nokia cable ca-42?

I know this is an old post, but for other people:

If your computer doesnt have a COM port it simply means you dont have the right driver installed for the cable

That has nothing to do with your router lol

sup wrote:

I have a version 2.1, has anyone tried that? When I tried to upgrade the firmware (openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wa701n-v1-jffs2-sysupgrade.bin) through the webinterface, it says:

Error code: 18005
Upgrade unsuccessfully because the version of the upgraded file was incorrect. Please check the file name.

So installing firmware from this thread works: https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=44548

I have no idea where the firmware comes from and it is based on 12.09 rc1.

Simply changing the name of the firmware downloaded from openwrt.org as suggested elsewhere did not work.

The discussion might have continued from here.