OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Need help for d-link DIR-300 rev. B1

The content of this topic has been archived between 2 Oct 2014 and 6 Sep 2015. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

So

opkg install ip6tables

would not have sufficed?

scruffy wrote:

So

opkg install ip6tables

would not have sufficed?

No, there was some kind of mismatch with the newer kernel in the bleeding edge trunk, when I tried that:

root@OpenWrt:/# opkg install ip6tables
Installing ip6tables (1.4.10-2) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ramips/packages/ip6tables_1.4.10-2_ramips.ipk.
Multiple packages (kernel and kernel) providing same name marked HOLD or PREFER. Using latest.
Multiple packages (kernel and kernel) providing same name marked HOLD or PREFER. Using latest.
Installing kmod-ip6tables (2.6.37.6-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/ … ramips.ipk.
Not downgrading package kernel on root from 2.6.39.2-1 to 2.6.37.6-1.
Configuring kmod-ip6tables.
Collected errors:
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package ip6tables.
root@OpenWrt:/#

Should it be that simple normally installing packages in trunk? Or is package installing just possible in the stable branches? (Sorry for that noob-question, I have not yet understand the package concept of OpenWrt )

Kernel version on trunk is 2.6.39-2 and the kernel on the download page is kernel_2.6.37.6-1_ramips.ipk , so it pops out that errror when you try to install packages.  Don't install packages from the download page with opkg. Instead you should include what you need in the image you build from trunk. Until ramips it's an official target, that's the way to do it.

(Last edited by boink on 24 Jul 2011, 09:28)

Ah thanks, boink. Then 'make menuconfig' is the way to go.

Hank wrote:
scruffy wrote:

So

opkg install ip6tables

would not have sufficed?

No, there was some kind of mismatch with the newer kernel in the bleeding edge trunk, when I tried that:

Should it be that simple normally installing packages in trunk? Or is package installing just possible in the stable branches? (Sorry for that noob-question, I have not yet understand the package concept of OpenWrt )

Yes, yes, it is that simple.

However installation fails, if the packages installed on your flash do not match the version of the packages contained in the repository at the moment you try to install them.

Read here: http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/techref/opkg

When I apply this http://patchwork.midlink.org/patch/865/ patch, then I get an error. I have an DLink DIR-300 rev B, but the LAN Ports did not work. Can anyone help me to fix it?

That patch will need to get refreshed for latest OpenWrt trunk, as there have been many changes to the ramips target since it was written.

Is this the correct way?

svn co svn://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/trunk/
./scripts/feeds update -a
./scripts/feeds install -a

then I go into trunk directory and apply the path with:
patch -p0 < dir-600.patch

I get this errors when I apply this patch:

patching file target/linux/ramips/files/arch/mips/ralink/rt305x/Kconfig
patching file target/linux/ramips/files/arch/mips/ralink/rt305x/mach-dir-600-revb.c
patching file target/linux/ramips/files/arch/mips/ralink/rt305x/Makefile
patching file target/linux/ramips/files/arch/mips/include/asm/mach-ralink/machine.h
patching file target/linux/ramips/image/Makefile
Hunk #1 succeeded at 113 with fuzz 1 (offset 29 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 177 (offset 38 lines).
patching file target/linux/ramips/rt305x/config-2.6.37
Hunk #1 FAILED at 92.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file target/linux/ramips/rt305x/config-2.6.37.rej
patching file target/linux/ramips/base-files/lib/ramips.sh
Hunk #1 succeeded at 19 with fuzz 2 (offset 6 lines).
patching file target/linux/ramips/base-files/lib/upgrade/platform.sh
patching file target/linux/ramips/base-files/etc/diag.sh

-----edit-----
I patched target/linux/ramips/rt305x/config-2.6.37 from hand with this line +CONFIG_RT305X_MACH_DIR_600_REVB=y and compiled it again. I didn't get an error but the LAN Ports didn't work.

What can I do?

(Last edited by wisler on 27 Jul 2011, 20:22)

No.  What I meant was that patch was written for a much older revision of OpenWrt trunk, and therefore it won't work with the latest trunk.  The patch itself needs to be updated.

Wisler, check out the files on https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/9652 It's updated to the recent trunk for rampis.

(Last edited by boink on 28 Jul 2011, 11:26)

Hi all, I've got Wifi working (with DANtes (from Ukraine) help) . The problem is in detecting rf chip, by default it's detected as RF3022, it's mean 2T2R, but dir-300b is only 1T1R, and rf chip is RF3020, so quick and dirty way for got wifi working is to set rf chip manually.
Here is the patch https://dev.openwrt.org/attachment/ticket/10086/010-dir300b_fix.patch

If somebody have permission for update wiki add to it

wget https://dev.openwrt.org/attachment/ticket/10086/010-dir300b_fix.patch -P trunk/package/mac80211/patches

(patch created on 28209 revision)

And remove info about v2image tool, it's no longer needed. openwrt-ramips-rt305x-dir-300-b1-squashfs-factory.bin flashed as well.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English.

(Last edited by vitok on 11 Sep 2011, 13:13)

vitok wrote:

Here is ? new fix for wifi from DANtes https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/10125
(Use this, forgot the previous)

Yeah, after applying this patch the wifi of my DLINK DIR-615D3E is working! thx

dopamin wrote:

Yeah, after applying this patch the wifi of my DLINK DIR-615D3E is working! thx

You're welcome.
But if for some one (dir-300b, 600b) the second patch not works, use the first one.

Hi guys.

I got rev b3 dir 300 router. And I've compiled the backfire latest trunk.
The router boots and i can get into it via telnet. But it's lagging like hell. About 30-50% packet loss when I ping the LAN (192.168.1.1)
Anybody got the same troubles?

I've checked the ps stats: and it's 99% idle.

Hello.

I tried to apply last trunk to my router and it dosn't see WAN interface. Do i have to check something in configs or it just simply dosnt work on this routers?

I'm running trunk on a dir300b, when I'm trying to get up the wifi-device, the following error occurs:

root@OpenWrt:~# wifi up
PHY for wifi device radio0 not found
PHY for wifi device radio0 not found

/etc/config/wireless contains

config wifi-device  radio0
        option type     mac80211
        option channel  6
        option macaddr  10:00:00:00:71:07
        option hwmode   11ng
        option htmode   HT20
        list ht_capab   GF
        list ht_capab   SHORT-GI-20
        list ht_capab   SHORT-GI-40
        list ht_capab   TX-STBC
        list ht_capab   RX-STBC1

config 'wifi-iface'
        option 'device' 'radio0'
        option 'mode' 'adhoc'
        option 'ssid' 'testbat.oldenburg.freifunk.net'
        option 'bssid' '02:CA:FF:EE:BA:BE'
        option 'encryption' 'none'
        option 'hidden' '1'

i need the firm... sorry im a novice.. just need the firm for a dir 600 b2... working ...please

Hi,

System:
hw: dir-300 rev B
sw: ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT (bleeding edge, r29637)

WiFi working correct with notebook wireless card, Stability ok.
Unfortunatelly, with my mobile - Samsung Galaxy Gio, wireless getting stuck. For example, I'm trying to download 25MB file. 2MB was download ok, then stucking for a few seconds, then downloading 1 MB -> stuck -> download 2MB -> stuck -> timeout = failed.

My brother and girlfriend have the same problem with their Samsung Galaxy Gio. Problem doesn't appear with notebook wifi card (intel). These Samsung mobiles doesn't have problem with any other routers.

Somebody may know what's going on?

Is that already built in? I just built bleeding edge, r29753 today for DIR-600 B2 and the WAN LED won't work?

And still the issue with MAC 00:11:22:33:44:55

Tom

(Last edited by f41SIXXS on 15 Jan 2012, 18:54)

hi,
Anyone can tell me the progress on DIR 600 B?
I remembered several months ago, I built OpenWRT from trunk and found all MAC address are shown as 00:11:22:33:44:55 or something similar.
Just wanna know if the support for DIR 600 is perfect or nearly perfect? What bug still existed?
Thanks in advanced.

BTW: I have a DIR 600 but it is in production environment, I can't took it to do this experiment :-(

I'm also very curious about this. Yesterday I wanted to try Open-WRT for the first time (on a DIR-600 B2) but was unable to find any helpful information about its functionality, or any firmware to download for that matter. So, I ended up trying DD-WRT. The flashing was successful, although DD-WRT seems to have some nasty bugs for that firmware versions (port forwarding can't be configured, and using ssh to the router won't work either).

Is there any update on the status of this for trunk and/or release builds?

The discussion might have continued from here.