OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Build for WNDR3700/WNDR3800

The content of this topic has been archived between 9 Jul 2013 and 6 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

mikewse wrote:

Thanks, I'll try the new build.
What are typical router ping times on your wireless network?

Right now with the new r43589 build:
while using torrents to generate 50 Mb/s download traffic I pinged a site and get 6-24 ms latency without any packet loss. PC is connected via the 5 GHz wifi connection. No strange things materialising into the system log.

Ping statistics for 130.230.137.61:
    Packets: Sent = 71, Received = 71, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 6ms, Maximum = 24ms, Average = 8ms

Hopefully r43589 has fixed both the wifi/irq problem and the NAT speed decrease (present since the 3.10 kernel).

EDIT: Oops. I got now the IRQ 40 error, so that is not yet fixed.
https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/18483#comment:2

(Last edited by hnyman on 9 Dec 2014, 22:18)

hnyman, is it possible to use your source and scripts to build a image for my netgear wndr4300?

If yes, which script should i modify?

Thanks in advance.

(Last edited by bladeoner on 21 Dec 2014, 10:54)

bladeoner wrote:

hnyman, is it possible to use your source and scripts to build a image for my netgear wndr4300?

Sure it is possible.
You need to select the correct router in .config.init and also possibly change/remove the wndr3700 specific button scripts. And also change some of the build scripts regarding the built firmware's filenames. But otherwise you should be fine.

hnyman wrote:
bladeoner wrote:

Sure it is possible.
You need to select the correct router in .config.init and also possibly change/remove the wndr3700 specific button scripts. And also change some of the build scripts regarding the built firmware's filenames. But otherwise you should be fine.

I'm trying to bring your fw to another router.
They failed, however, to find all the scripts and default configurations that you include in the build. (buttons, LEDs, etc.)

Could you direct me in the right direction? (I have your fw installed but I do not know what they are and where to extract)

thanks, hitech95

hitech95 wrote:
hnyman wrote:
bladeoner wrote:

Sure it is possible.

They failed, however, to find all the scripts and default configurations that you include in the build. (buttons, LEDs, etc.)

Could you direct me in the right direction?

Just check the ...openwrt.patch file. It contains all the button modification etc. that I have done.

You need to re-create my build environment like I explain in message #2 of this thread. Then change the router in .config.init to the correct one and possible check filenames in the .sh build scripts (as they seek WNDR* files in some cases). And finally, check the ...openwrt.patch file that contains all the button modification etc. that I am doing. You will find all of those there. But none of those modifications should really hurt you with some other router. Merely some button in your other router may not work.

(Last edited by hnyman on 26 Dec 2014, 20:54)

hnyman wrote:
hitech95 wrote:
hnyman wrote:

Sure it is possible.

Could you direct me in the right direction?

Just check the ...openwrt.patch file. It contains all the button modification etc. that I have done.

You need to re-create my build environment like I explain in message #2 of this thread. Then change the router in .config.init to the correct one and possible check filenames in the .sh build scripts (as they seek WNDR* files in some cases). And finally, check the ...openwrt.patch file that contains all the button modification etc. that I am doing. You will find all of those there. But none of those modifications should really hurt you with some other router. Merely some button in your other router may not work.

thank you. I found everything I need.
The firmware I made, works perfectly (thanks to you, I did a wireless bridge between a WNDR3700 and AGPF). Now I have to figure out how to create a patch to fix the things in openwrt ... I have to send them to the community)

Bye, hitech95

Sorry, posts 1208 to 1225 are missing from our archive.