@xabisoh: hopefully this might help.
I am running win7 and I had the same problems getting a firmware flashed with tftp. I found that 'arp' wasn't the command to use on win7 (even tho it still exists). Instead I used 'netsh' to clear the arp cache and setup the static route. From what I can tell win 2008 server should use netsh.
I posted this over at the dd-wrt forum, but I guess it would be more appropriate over here.
setup was [win7 box]---cat5e---[netgear WGR614 10/100]---cat5e---[wzr-hp-ag300h]
The netgear WGR614 was used to keep an active network connection to the win7 box and to force 100Mbps connection. The cat5e was plugged into the LAN port 4 (port closest to the WAN port) on the wzr-hp-ag300h.
Note: I tried this using a gigabit switch instead of the WGR614 connection and it failed to work. Anyone have success using 1Gbps connection?
I disabled all other network interfaces, turned off windows firewall, and set my nic to a static IP of 192.168.11.2
Opened cmd as an administrator (right click, select "run as administrator") and flushed the arp cache using
netsh interface ipv4 delete arpcache
You will need to replace "Local Area Connection" in the next step with whatever you named your network connection. You can obtain this by running
netsh interface show interface
made the win7 box static ip of 192.168.11.2 and added a static route using
netsh interface ipv4 add neighbors "Local Area Connection" "192.168.11.1" "02-aa-bb-cc-dd-20"
You have to use 02-aa-bb-cc-dd-20 for the MAC address since this is what the tftpd listens on when it boots up. This MAC address only applies to the wzr-hp-ag300h as KingJL had mentioned in an earlier post.
setup the tftp command
tftp -i 192.168.11.1 PUT openwrt-ar71xx-wzr-hp-ag300h-squashfs-tftp.bin
unplugged the router, waited 30sec, plugged it back in and executed the tftp command. once the link came active on the netgear switch tftp started its transfer, and resulted in
Transfer successful: 2752544 bytes in 3 second(s), 917514 bytes/s
red diag light started blinking faster then went out. flushed the arp cache, changed the win7 box to 192.168.1.2 static ip, and opened a Telnet session to 192.168.1.1. Success! busybox popped up.
(Last edited by salvo2002 on 8 Jul 2011, 23:14)