OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Help on Belkin F5D9230-4 ver. 3000

The content of this topic has been archived on 17 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I had read this old post on here https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=101221 and it lead me to believe that this version openwrt-rdc-squashfs-ar525w.img would work. I tried it out and now I can't log in. I typed in telnet 192.168.1.1 into my terminal on ubuntu 10.04 and it said "telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Network is unreachable" I have my router plugged into my computer in the #1 slot. I don't know what I did wrong so any help would be much appreciated. Hopefully I didn't brick my backup router.

type ifconfig in the terminal and make sure you have an ip address in the 192.168.1.* range.. if not do

sudo ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.200

and try to ping it again. Also make sure before you do that, you right click on the NetworkManager Applet and uncheck enable networking, this will prevent ubuntu from trying to change the settings you will be putting in place manually.

(Last edited by WoR473 on 10 Aug 2011, 18:26)

The discussion might have continued from here.