OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Yet-Another-Router: Trendnet TEW-511BRP

The content of this topic has been archived on 31 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hmm, too bad there's no "Other Routers" forum.

The interesting thing about these guys are that they come dual-band (802.11a/g) and are running $50 shipped after rebate this month from Newegg.

I have one on order because I dearly want to do 5GHz for a 'customer' in a crowded urban area.  Not sure if I'll be able to rip it open for a peek; I can't go voiding any warranties.

I assume these are Atheros-based, given the "Super AG" branding and a string in the firmware image -- "AccessPoint_5312_01".  Probably not too much Flash, hard to say what the native OS is.

The same company also makes some interesting wired NAS boxes that have GPL sources available -- and do what I'd intended to do if I'd shoved a tri-mode card into a USB-capable router, so I guess I'm a bit soothed there.  [Link.]

Edit:  Forgot to search the forums for "Trendnet" first.  Atheros sure does make the 5312, so I'd assume these aren't as similar to the 411BRP(+?)s as the numbering might suggest.

(Last edited by Floid on 3 Nov 2005, 15:31)

I think you are right that there ought to be an "Other Routers" forum.  In general, I think the forum needs to be reorganized a bit into a few more main topic areas.

Yep.  In other news, it's becoming clear that this should be a twin to the Linksys WR55AGv2 -- the same string's present in the firmware to both.

The discussion might have continued from here.