OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: exposing my asterisk server to the world

The content of this topic has been archived on 23 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I would like to expose my asterisk server (which runs on my WNDR3700v2) to the outside world.
At the moment, my ATA device connects to my asterisk server with the LAN IP of the router (192.168.1.1) as the server.

I have since enabled the ddns feature to point to my IP address at all times.
So essentially, I would like to use my dyndns.org hostname to be able to connect to my asterisk server on the router via an ATA.

Basically, i am currently running google voice enabled asterisk server for myself.
I would like to set up a secondary google voice user (different google voice ID and hence a different GV number) but they reside outside of my LAN.
As a matter of fact, they live 8000+ miles away wink

I'm looking for a way to setup port forwarding and opening up port 5060 so that it is possible to connect to my asterisk server from the outside and be able to make and receive calls on the ATA/SIP device.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
chhatc

(Last edited by chhatc on 7 Sep 2011, 05:23)

Anyone?

Can this post be moved to General DIscussions forum. I think it would be appropriate there...

chhatc

The discussion might have continued from here.