OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Rb751

The content of this topic has been archived between 29 Mar 2018 and 27 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

maurer wrote:
vdias wrote:

On both, but RouterOS on this is a bit more stable... OpenWRT is disconnecting every 15/20 minutes...

I'm using a ZyXEL P660R-D1, given by my ISP... Already tried it with ISP Firmware, and using ZyXEL Original Firmware... Same result...

Could you guys recommend me a good adsl2+ modem? Any model already tested that works...

i had the same issues with my tl-wr1043nd.
turns out that the problem was with the ethernet cable - try a new one smile

Cable is OK.

ayufan wrote:

Ethernet leds on RB75U-2HnD works ok. The same goes to RB751G-2HnD. You just have to:

opkg install kmod-leds-rb750

RB751U-2HnD:

for i in port1 port2 port3 port4 port5 act
do
echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/leds-rb750.0/leds/rb750:green:$i/brightness
sleep 1s
echo 0 > /sys/devices/platform/leds-rb750.0/leds/rb750:green:$i/brightness
done

RB751G-2HnD:

echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/leds-rb750.0/leds/rb750:green:act/brightness
sleep 1s
echo 0 > /sys/devices/platform/leds-rb750.0/leds/rb750:green:act/brightness

Further I made patch for ath9k wlan led issue:
http://openwrt.ayufan.eu/rb751/trunk-r3 … n-led.diff

Latest compilation can be found here:
http://openwrt.ayufan.eu/rb751/r31676/

echo 1 > /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:00.0/leds/ath9k-phy0/brightness
sleep 1s
echo 0 > /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:00.0/leds/ath9k-phy0/brightness

Will later look into tx-power issue, but for sure it's something with regulatory domain.

ayufan

Could you create a npk of the newest revision?

@hape

Any specific?

I can be this rev: r31685 or newer. I 've got a problem with boot a file *.elf (ramdisk). I dont' know why, few months ago I did it and worked fine smile
Yet one, does all patches for wireless, and leds are included in the newest revision in the Openwrt official trunk repo?
And, is it good tool to build openwrt npk http://code.google.com/p/npk/wiki/Build ?

hape wrote:

I can be this rev: r31685 or newer. I 've got a problem with boot a file *.elf (ramdisk). I dont' know why, few months ago I did it and worked fine smile
Yet one, does all patches for wireless, and leds are included in the newest revision in the Openwrt official trunk repo?
And, is it good tool to build openwrt npk http://code.google.com/p/npk/wiki/Build ?

Definietly no. I will post new compilation tomorrow.

Hey guys,

Give me trunk's revision number and i'll prepare new .npk compilation.

Kamil

Dear ayufan
Could you please build new .npk from the latest revision of openwrt and included the vpnc packages? (Depends on: libc, libgpg-error, libgcrypt, kmod-tun, vpnc-scripts)
because I using RB751u-2hnd and already install your r31676 build from your npk file
then I try to install the vpnc by using opkg but it's can't install because it want kernel 3.3.8-1. I try to force install but the vpnc doesn't work.

Thank you

Hi!
I have one RB751G-2hnd and just curious:
Putting aside the additional software packages installable by OpenWRT - is worth to switch to OpenWRT - I mean the router with it's stock fw is ultra stable?

Tnx.

vpritiskovic wrote:

Putting aside the additional software packages installable by OpenWRT - is worth to switch to OpenWRT - I mean the router with it's stock fw is ultra stable?

If you need features provided by OpenWrt:
- DLNA
- Torrent Client
- External disk
- Printer Sharing

Is definietely worth to switch to.

And yes, it's pretty stable.

(Last edited by ayufan on 30 Nov 2012, 15:56)

@ayufan

Hi again!

Have tested the trunk branch on my RB751G-2HnD (ramdisk) but...
When selecting the target profile there is only ath5k profile which does not initialize WiFi.

http://rghost.net/41979133/image.png
http://rghost.net/41991049/image.png

After selecting from krenel the ath9k driver instead, WiFi chip is detected and initialized.

Can you please make the target profile for RB751G-2HnD with Atheros WiFI (ath9k) driver?

(Last edited by vpritiskovic on 3 Dec 2012, 22:12)

Why do you want to use latest trunk? You should stick to almost stable the attitude adjustment rc1 smile

ayufan wrote:

Why do you want to use latest trunk?

This one is easy smile
In order to contribute to community by using the latest developer branch (trunk) to build fw images I can give feedback to developers and enthusiasts like you!

ayufan wrote:

You should stick to almost stable the attitude adjustment rc1 smile

Same problem here with AA...

I see the openwrt port for 751G-2HnD&751U-2HnD is not completed in build system and there is missing wiki page...
Soon I get free time I will create the wiki page.

Can you please create the ath9k profile in trunk for 751G-2HnD&751U-2HnD?

(Last edited by vpritiskovic on 4 Dec 2012, 12:14)

ayufan wrote:

Why do you want to use latest trunk? You should stick to almost stable the attitude adjustment rc1 smile

Hey!
First of all, thanks for your work on that RB75x support! smile

I recently got a RB751G and I'm thinking about trying your OWRT-AA build. (openwrt-12.9rc1-mipsbe.npk)

I got a question though...do you encounter the annoying TX DMA bug (ticket #9654) on those devices? (They're using a ath9k chipset after all.)

vkins wrote:

I got a question though...do you encounter the annoying TX DMA bug (ticket #9654) on those devices? (They're using a ath9k chipset after all.)

Nope. However, I used openwrt only for few days. I do prefer RouterOS because is faster than OpenWrt build.

Hi!
Is it possible to add support for Jumbo frames?
The RB751G-2HnD in general supports Jumbo Frames up to 4074 bytes http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Ma … 2.2FL2_MTU

Is it enough to replace "AR8327_MAX_FRAME_SIZE_MTU, 1518 + 8 + 2);" with "AR8327_MAX_FRAME_SIZE_MTU, 4074);" in "drivers/net/phy/ar8216.c":

/* setup MTU */
    ar8216_rmw(priv, AR8327_REG_MAX_FRAME_SIZE,
           AR8327_MAX_FRAME_SIZE_MTU, 1518 + 8 + 2);

Can someone help.

I have used the altered netinstall by ayufan and managed to boot. I then used chillifires pre built emf file using the following command

wget2nand http://support.chillifire.net/downloads/4xx

THe router downloaded and said all was okay. Reboot.

I rebooted and now the router doesn't seem to be booting. When it turns on it flashes lights 345 and then all lights go out.

I then tried to hold RES in and use Netinstall, it seems to just keep trying to boot and all lights go out again.BTW its the  751U - "HhnD

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hello.

This OpenWRT include of package Chillispot?

Thanks.

I have another problem.
Please help me.

I install openwrt-12.9rc1-mipsbe.npk via fixed Netinstall on RB751U-2HnD. But wi-fi don't work. I see message: "Wireless is disabled or not associated":
http://s7.postimg.org/da6s9iekr/wi_fi.png

My config:

# cat /etc/config/wireless

config wifi-device 'radio0'
        option type 'mac80211'
        option channel '11'
        option macaddr '00:00:00:00:00:00'
        list ht_capab 'SHORT-GI-40'
        list ht_capab 'TX-STBC'
        list ht_capab 'RX-STBC1'
        list ht_capab 'DSSS_CCK-40'
        option txpower '18'
        option country 'US'
        option hwmode '11g'

config wifi-iface
        option device 'radio0'
        option network 'lan'
        option mode 'ap'
        option ssid 'OpenWrt'
        option wmm '0'
        option encryption 'none'

iwinfo:

# iwinfo wlan0 info
wlan0     ESSID: unknown
          Access Point: 00:00:00:00:00:00
          Mode: Client  Channel: 11 (2.462 GHz)
          Tx-Power: 27 dBm  Link Quality: 0/70
          Signal: unknown  Noise: unknown
          Bit Rate: unknown
          Encryption: none
          Type: nl80211  HW Mode(s): 802.11bgn
          Hardware: 168C:002A 168C:A093 [Atheros AR9280]
          TX power offset: none
          Frequency offset: none
          Supports VAPs: yes

Please tell me how to turn on fi-wi.

P.S.
I tried to install r31676 via fixed Netinstall. But web interface not work and i dont know login/password for ssh.

(Last edited by tempelfeld on 23 May 2013, 17:08)

tempelfeld wrote:

I have another problem.
Please help me.

I install openwrt-12.9rc1-mipsbe.npk via fixed Netinstall on RB751U-2HnD. But wi-fi don't work. I see message: "Wireless is disabled or not associated":

Hello, i hope you solve your problem. For future generation i fix this problem by set manualy macaddr on wriless device ( mac that is on sticker on router) and its works smile

Edit:
Finally got my routerboard working with wireless (there were some issues with reading the eeprom on different versions).
Now apparently, downloading openWRT-binaries from downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09/ar71xx/nand and following the steps described here is all that it needs.

(Last edited by flop on 19 Oct 2013, 20:40)

Pls does this ^ apply to RB751G-2HnD as well?
Can I install OpenWRT on it? Do all the important functions (Gbit wired, N wireless, LEDs, USB port,...) work?
Thanks

The discussion might have continued from here.